Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] One piece windows

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
I'm currently doing a bit of work on a 1303 with One Piece Windows Fitted ,But both of them dont operate properly because the winder mechanisms are worn ,I haven't opened the panels yet to see what they are but hoping someone here might shed some light on what type I need ,is it 60s winders I need ?and would anyone have a pair or know if they can be bought new (Britt knows the car :))

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
the ideal winders to have are the '65 twin-lifter style cos the lift channel is so wide, they stop the window from tilting as it rises and falls.

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Window-Regulator-1965-67-Beetle-Sedan-Left-p/6000-70-111-837-501f.htm

6000-70-111-837-501F-2.jpg

maybe Jon White can supply?

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
Just looking on GSF catalog ,65 to 68 window winder mech. L/H & R/H. 87301B/C £24.50 each ,no pic,wonder will I chance them?

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
I fitted piece windows on a 1303 years ago.Never worked right.Fuckers always tilted forward when winding them up.The late great George Campbell told me to get mid 60s winder mech for exactly the reason Trev posted above.Of course I as usual never bothered me hole.They were a right pain in the arse apart from that anyway as they leaked like fuck..I like the look of them though.Wonder are modern kits more Irish weather resistant?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
doubt it Johnny. They always seemed a compromise to me. I had a beetle once upon a time that came with one-piece windows. I converted it back to quarterlights...

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
Anyone have any mid 60s genuine window regulators ,from talking to Jon he explained that the repro ones wouldn't be good enough to support one piece glass suggesting genuine was the way to go