Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Non car related: Looking for old (60s, 70s, 80s) hifi equipment

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I'm looking to get some old hifi equipment (as in hifi separates ideally but I'll consider anything). I am particularly keen on the sort of stuff that has the chrome front and big VU meters and all that. It doesn't have to be working. I'd be happy enough to try fixing stuff up myself. Anyone got anything?

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
I've an old Sony reel to reel, Sansui amp, speakers and some class of Swiss turntable that'll play anything up to a 78s. No vu meters though.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
I won't be able to check the amp model until Saturday. I'll stick up a few pics then. Probably €50 for the reel to reel, amp & speakers. I'll have to have a think about the turntable (its a Lenco I think).

I've an East German banjo for sale as well if you're feeling adventurous :p

And all sorts of pre-digital era photographic equipment (B&W and colour enlargers, all that kind of thing) if you'd like to 'develop' a new hobby...

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
I've also got two Yamaha EMT-10 sound expander midi modules if you've any use for that kind of thing

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
..and I think you can summon Kramer with one. :p

http://youtu.be/oBRhQskPR6c?t=1m08s

giphy.gif

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Yeah I'll take the amp, speakers and reel to reel off you anyway! I have an old Toshiba turntable which I'm going to fix up so I'm not too fussed about that. I won't take the EMT-10's off you either cause I already have one (somewhere). If you could stick a pic of the amp and speakers up anyway so I know what I'm getting that would be great.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
@gerryjunior - that rings a bell - think the one I have is a goldring also.

@Ross - I'll pop a few photos up and more details on Saturday

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Ross, goldring lenco is a brilliant turntable, ive had tonnes over the years, technics 2100, 1210', lpt pink triangle, rega3 with alphason supernova, sondek. But that old lenco was fluid, loved it.

And do not for one second pass up a sansui amp, they are fantastic, nice rich sound errs on the mellow side, not massively powerful but the sound quality is real smooth, i still have one from years back. Old hifi rocks.

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Yeah I've been having a look at the Lenco turntables there online. They do look nice! I may as well ask you for a price on it Aidan. None of these modern "Digital" amplifiers come close to the build and sound quality and look of the old MOSFET amps with single sided through-hole boards and big chunky passives. 99% of the time if one of them does fail, it's just cause a capacitor has dried out, and they're always handy to fix. My dad has an old Pioneer system from 1991 and my god there's nothing I've heard lately that compares to it.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Hi Ross,

Sorry, got home from Dublin late last night. The amp is a Sansui AU101. The reel to reel is a Sony TC155. The Sony is missing a faceplate but I might be able to find it - not sure where it got to. The speakers are unbranded - my Dad might have made them, he was big into woodwork for a while. They look like teak to me.

Edit: can't find a way to delete the upside down pics....

Anyway, pics:

Reel to reel front.JPGSpeakers.JPG
Amp back.JPGAmp Front.JPG

Attachments

• Amp back.JPG
    Amp back.JPG
    595.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Amp Front.JPG
    Amp Front.JPG
    502.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited: