Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] needed asap

Pmc1186

April 12, 2011
Belfast
hello ive just put a new sliding door on my t25 1983! but when i was fitting the old sliding door runner its to big for the gap on the door! Then i found out they changed theses in late 85 can i still fit this door to my van? and does anyone have this part off a 86 on van? thanks peter

donegaldave

Club Member
Club Member
October 27, 2009
Newtowncunningham, Donegal
if you've no luck closer to home, thornhill autos in derry have a wreck of a t25 in their yard...i'm sure you could get parts for small money. their no. is 02871352434. i'm in derry every day so let me know if i can help

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
id have parts for either,
dont think u can fit late door to early one,
well u cant,theres a part of the door thats at a angle diffferent than the other.

Pmc1186

April 12, 2011
Belfast
Thats just what i didnt want to hear got door painted and all:-/ Donegaldave im in belfast anyway so not that far away reali wer u based donegal i spose lol thanks guys

Pmc1186

April 12, 2011
Belfast
Anyone willing to trade a brand new late door for an early one?? My door is band new and hasnt got one bit of filler on it its as st8 as they come im based up north thanks

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
u wont get a new one,i dont think
and its hard to get a good 2nd hand one,
needed one myself this week and will be using the one
of rez's bus as a donor.
i have a couple for left hand drive,
but only late ones for rhd
i'm thinkin yours is rhd?

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
how bad was the old one ? As Kombi.noise said, they're fairly scarce, most if not all early ones are rotted out at the bottom 6inches, but repair panels inner and outer are available, i've repaired mine that way, got the panels from Jon White

Pmc1186

April 12, 2011
Belfast
Mines an early rhd one!! Whats diffent about the newer ones y will they not fit? The door that came off it was scrap big style just going to have to keep hunting:-( i have another door here bout its bad with rust no rot and the painter wouldnt paint it says id be wasting my time

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
the back of the end of the door where it get pulled in has a plate that sits at an angle on late doors,so does the pillar it meets.
its flat on early ones,also the hinge that is sping loaded goes through a bigger hole on early doors.
if u cant find one in next while...i have one that the main panel is dented and bottom could be repaired with a panel.not ompossible but
would need time spending on it,it was from a caravelle,and has a slidin window in it.
if u pm you email adress i can get pics to u in next week or so...