Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Looking for Late Type3 Fasty parts (Bumpers, Windscreen)

KarMc

Club Member
Club Member
June 7, 2017
Galway
looking for a few bits for my '72 fastback resto including front and rear bumpers (straight with good chrome) and a front windscreeen (current one badly scored). Usual rust in front and behind rear wheels so any cuts or repair panels would help big time. Any other bits considered . Thanks a mil.

Attachments

• photo26431.jpg
    photo26431.jpg
    915 bytes · Views: 76
Last edited:

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Think you need to re post a better pic, size needs addressing.
Front wheelhouse panels are extremely expensive if you can source them.
Rear bumper mount panels are available, but thats all for the rear.

All inner wing panels at the rear will have to be hand made, so will any heater channel
repairs, outer cill, inner cill, and heater pipe. Unless you have about 1000 euro for new.

Air box will probably need cutting open to repair, and then fab a new lid. Rear wings as well
as front wings will probably need repair panels, as replacement wings are rare objects, especially
front wings.
All in all, work,work,work.

KarMc

Club Member
Club Member
June 7, 2017
Galway
Thanks a mil for the inputs Tim, definitely interested in hearing and learning more. Will pm you later
ps will fix the photo.

KarMc

Club Member
Club Member
June 7, 2017
Galway
Thanks for the heads up Tim. Pretty ok up front save a very small patch so wouldn't need a full panel. Very pricey.... think I will be having a go at the fabrication rouute

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
With the right basic tools, you can fabricate any of the panels needed to repair your fasty. My
own one had major rust throughout the bottom 12" of the car, all around, including rotted out
heater channels.
I made and replaced all the panel repairs needed, and never bought a single panel. I now have fully
galvanised 1.5mm wall thickness heater channels.
Any questions fire them over by pm, and I,ll tell you how I dealt with similar areas on my car.