Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Looking for an LT or Gypsy

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
There is an LTxx parked outsikd Roscommon Library most days and nights - it is a camper - dunno why it is parked there. I can leave a note if ye like. it is huge though - high top LT

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
there is one (LT35) across the road from GMIT also, haven't see it move much

Tristan (new member) bought one in germany or poland or some place a about a year ago, got a savage van for small money. he might be worth a PM

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
I had an LT35 for a while in '07, they are great to drive, the 5 cylinder dsl engine is very sweet running, it was a high-top so lots of space, however they are geared very low so anything above 55mph and it gets a bit loud.

Mine was 1994 and was worth about €5.5k in '07 so those e-bay ones appear cheap (at the moment).

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
rocky, they are always cheaper in germany!!

i looked at one up north is 2007 and the guy wanted 2k sterling for it but it was abused, inside and out and I walked away from it.

The first one i posted, the one used as a service truck could be nice, depending on the money it goes for and it would be a nice road trip home!!

Last edited:

richiemack

February 2, 2007
Galway
thegreenplanetblog.com
Did you end up gettin a big camper then George? Ive been looking for something for the last few weeks, wrecking my head. Those LTs could be the making of something nice, but then you can also get lwb versions, more space, some have beds over the cab=more space too. Then I started looking at the Gipsys and Cheetahs, and the 4 berth ones are excellent, spacious, permanent double bed over the cab, nice seating area at the back with lots windows, shower, toilet, central heating, power steering etc. When you see what comes as standard on those you start to want more and more

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I know where there is a 1988 LT40 high roof van, with a lot of parts suitable for a conversion, that would be going at the right money. In very good order, and a lovely engine.

tim

richiemack

February 2, 2007
Galway
thegreenplanetblog.com
I know where there is a 1988 LT40 high roof van, with a lot of parts suitable for a conversion, that would be going at the right money. In very good order, and a lovely engine.

tim

Any chance of a few pics?seems to be a few vans comin out of the woodwork now.pity there's no Karmann gipsy's though.Am starting to really like em

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Any chance of a few pics?seems to be a few vans comin out of the woodwork now.pity there's no Karmann gipsy's though.Am starting to really like em

No problem.

Tim

Attachments

• DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00031.JPG
    DSC00031.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 73