Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

LIMERICK VW SHOW , MAY 29th 2016

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
LIMERICK VW Show 2016

1992 - 2016

The 25th annual show !

When ? Sunday May 29 2016 ( weekend BEFORE June bank holiday weekend ) 10.00 am onwards

Where ?

LIMERICK RACECOURSE
( a few miles from Limerick city , near Patrickswell )
located at exit 4 M20

GPS: N 52.59045 W 008.69632

All VAG vehicles ( VW , Audi , Seat , Skoda ) any year welcome

Entry fee per car still only 5 euro (includes all passengers) & as usual no pre-entry required

We are delighted to have the support of Volkswagen Group Ireland.

Once again Rez / Kevin from Eircooled.com has kindly agreed to lay on some great tunes : )

With everything from a large autojumble to Free kids entertainment there is something for everyone !

As usual , lots of other classic cars to see if anyone tires of 100 's of veedubs....

Almost 1000 vehicles attended the Limerick show in 2015 !

This promises to be a great day out and the Limerick Classic & Vintage Car Club hope to make it a bit special with some added attractions to mark the 25th show.

** AMAZING world class stunt motorbike performances by Mattie Griffin **

Mattie makes it look easy here......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ7hGIfRD6Q

* Classic Supercar display ,including Ferrari 250 SWB (2 of !) & a super rare original Irish Porsche 356 Carrera

* Garda rescue equipment display

Once again the LCVCC will be making donations to charities from the event proceeds ,so thank you for your continued support :)

For more details & updates follow Limerick Classic Car Club on Facebook

Great photos & some feedback on 2015 Limerick Show

http://www.eircooled.com/deforum/showthread.php?14705-LIMERICK-VW-SHOW-24th-May-2015/page3

http://fittedstate.com/events/limerick-vw-2015/

http://www.carbsandchrome.com/shows/limerick-2015/

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
MATTIE G.jpg
attachment.php
MATTIE G3.jpg

Few photos of Mattie Griffin in action , he is the works stunt rider for BMW & will be putting on 3 shows at the Limerick Show on May 29th.:cool:

Attachments

• MATTIE G2.jpg
    MATTIE G2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 0

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
Delighted to welcome Retro Classics magazine on board as one of the main sponsors of the Limerick show ,a great Irish publication & sister magazine to Irish Vintage Scene (y)

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
As usual ,there's lots of hard work going on behind the scenes for Limerick 2016 ,the 25th annual show :D

We are delighted to welcome Porsche club Ireland who will be in attendance in an official capacity with a large group of cars

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
It's great to have Volkswagen Group Ireland on board once again as one of the main show sponsors for 2016 :)

They will also be displaying a couple of their latest models.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
One of the best (and biggest) shows of the year. I haven't missed it since '08. Fingers crossed for nice weather.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Crackin' day. Numbers were slightly down due to other shows on the same day as expected. It's a pity but hopefully a similar clash can be avoided next year. Still a fantastic turn out. I didn't take any snaps unfortunately but if anyone has some it would be great if they threw them up.
The weather was incredible so I'm burnt to a crisp. It was so hot that there was even an electrical dashboard fire due to melting wires (I've been told). Poor chap hade to leave on a tow truck.
Mattie Griffin did 3 stunt shows during the day and had a huge audience each time. Everyone seemed to love it.
Trev has some new obnoxious front tyres on his drag car. Looking forward to seeing your times plummet next time out!

Tony wasn't even there with his weather forecasting stone but whatever he did worked. Thanks Tony!!!! (y)

dee

Club Member
Club Member
February 4, 2015
Cork
Agree, it was another good day.

I actually felt it was more relaxed with it being quieter.
Think people were more inclined to stop and chat as there was no rush on them to pack loads in.

Fab weather 'till we got home to Cork and it bucketed down ..... and my wipers refused to work :rolleyes:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
what kind of reaction did your drag Jetta get Trev?

yeah, a lot of interest alright! lots of curious comments about the tyres: "did you drive it here on those?" "how do you turn corners?" "why are they bald?" etc. Glenn had a rat lineup just as you come in the gate with a Beemer 3-series, 911/912 with plenty of bodges that looked hard as nails, my Jetta, the KHI Derby that I used to have, Greg's "pullin the pin" bay, John White's Ghia, etc so it was right in people's faces as they came in. Loads of people peering into the engine bay inspecting god only knows what. End of the day I got the best rat prize. or "Worst car" prize as Caroline calls it. :ROFLMAO:

13265933_523805094484340_5168311171585434329_n_zpszev41asj.jpg

13307324_1584380848521179_2836346051737390302_n_zpsfszhhbrz.jpg