Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

LIMERICK VW SHOW , 24th May 2015

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
LIMERICK VW Show 2015

Celebrating the 23rd year of the show !

When ? Sunday May 24 2015 ( weekend BEFORE June bank holiday weekend ) 10.00 am onwards

Where ?

LIMERICK RACECOURSE
( a few miles from Limerick city , near Patrickswell )
located at exit 4 M20

GPS: N 52.59045 W 008.69632

All VAG vehicles ( VW , Audi , Seat , Skoda ) any year welcome

Entry fee per car still only 5 euro (includes all passengers) & as usual no pre-entry required

We are delighted to have the support of Retro Classics magazine.

Once again Rez / Kevin from Eircooled.com has kindly agreed to lay on some great tunes : )

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
This year the show will be celebrating over 60 years of the Volkswagen commercial vehicle in Ireland and all variations are welcome, air cooled, water cooled, immaculate and rusty, standard and modified, old and brand new ! That includes campers, minibuses, vans, pick-ups, twin-cabs etc. There will be a new specially designated area for all VW commercials and this promises to be the largest ever such gathering in Ireland.

The iconic split screen VW van came to Ireland in the early 1950s and was assembled here for several years. Generations of Irish people have happy memories of VW commercial vehicles in all their forms. They have served as everything from trusted workhorses to holiday homes on wheels and have a huge following not only in Ireland
but all over the world.

For more details & updates follow Limerick Classic Car Club on Facebook

With everything from a large autojumble to free kids entertainment there is something for everyone !

As usual , lots of other classic cars to see if anyone tires of 100 's of veedubs....

This promises to be a great day out and the Limerick Classic & Vintage Car Club hope to make it a bit special with some added attractions to mark it's 23nd year.

Once again the LCVCC will be making donations to charities from the event proceeds ,so thank you for your continued support :)

Some photos from Limerick Show 2014 where over 800 vehicles attended :)

http://www.autostadt.ie/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11623

http://www.eircooled.com/deforum/showthread.php?13429-LIMERICK-VW-SHOW-2014-Sunday-May-25th/page3

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
I might bring the panel van meself.i better buy a clatter of fibre glass and filler..!!!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
:ROFLMAO: sadly not Gerry.

I'm sure someone within the forum has those parts, even for a lend if it meant getting a pretty special vintage Irish VW commercial vehicle to the show...

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
Eh Trev, don't think so, I could do with front hubs and spindles oh and 3 5 stud wheels to make it a roller, don't suppose you any?

:ROFLMAO: sadly not Gerry.

I'm sure someone within the forum has those parts, even for a lend if it meant getting a pretty special vintage Irish VW commercial vehicle to the show...

If you don't get the parts ,why not just bring the bus on a trailer anyway ?
As an original Irish signwritten split panel van , it's a very rare survivor , everybody would love to see it :)

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
Update !

The LCVCC finally got the go ahead & the appropriate insurance cover sorted for the Limerick Soapbox Grand Prix 2015...
It's on May 24th alongside the Limerick VW Show ,so it's not much notice ,but hopefully those guys who were building soapboxes on here a couple of years back can dust them off :)

The racing will take place on a great new downhill tarmac track with a few twists to add "interest" !

Entry fee will be 20 euro per person .

The $6 million question....will the fastest Eircooled drag racers be the fastest soapbox racers ?!

Check out some homebuilt racers from Limerick...in 1978 :)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
feck!! such short notice!! Any time I have is going into putting my mk1 Jetta together for the show. I wonder if I'll have time at the end to cobble together something to race with? :ROFLMAO:

what's the approximate location of the hill Glenn?

airnwater

Club Member
Club Member
April 9, 2007
Limerick
feck!! such short notice!! Any time I have is going into putting my mk1 Jetta together for the show. I wonder if I'll have time at the end to cobble together something to race with? :ROFLMAO:

what's the approximate location of the hill Glenn?

The track is in the grounds of the Limerick Racecourse ie same location as the show ,so all you have to do is rock up in your slammed Mk1 Jetta TDI & take out your racing masterpiece ....& roll with it :)
I'm sure you'll find the time for some cobbling !