Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Limerick Show 2018 - 27th May

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
It was agreed at this years AGM that as a club we should be doing more car based stuff.
Forum activity across all sites is down so we need to get back to what this club is about..... Cars (and busses)

Each year from now on at the AGM we will select 1 major car show to put our focus towards and aim to get as many Eircooled members as possible around the country to come and display their cars.

This year the Limerick show has been selected. Historically this has been one of the best attended shows on the calendar.
It takes place on Sunday 27th May so book your time off today!

I'm just off the phone with Colin Williams, one of the organisers (and Eircooled member)
He said they will mention the Eircooled display in any of their pre-show advertising and is open to ideas if we want to do anything special on the day (including a club trophy if we're interested?)
The initial idea is to meet up somewhere beforehand and roll in en mass.

We hope to have our new Gazebos ready and can be used as a meeting point and there's no reason why we couldn't set up a club merchandising stall on the day.

Update:

We are asking all members around the country to do their best to attend and get as many club cars together as possible.

The plan is as follows:
Meet up at B&Q Ballysimon, Limerick at 9:30. There you can pay the show entry fee (€€5, including occupants) and receive your show sticker/dash plaque. You will also receive a ticket to hang on your rear view mirror to show you have already paid. This will allow quick entry to the show when we arrive as a group.
We will then travel in convoy from the meeting point to the Racecourse in a convoy along the M7/M20 which takes about 15 minutes.
Once inside, we are hoping to have a club stand with some merchandise and light refreshments.
It doesn’t matter if you are not an active member. All are welcome to join us on the day. We just want to make this an amazing event!

Meeting point at B&Q, Ballysimon N 52.649534 W 008.573606
Limerick racecourse: N 52.59045 W 008.69632

​​​​​​Curragh Chase Campsite has made a very generous discount off the standard nightly rate. Eircooled members can park up their camper or pitch a tent beside their beetle for €€20 for the night. All pitches are hard-standing with side adjacent for tents and awnings as far as I know. All pitches include electric hookup if needed. The site is only a few miles from the show grounds in Patrickswell and the road into Limerick if you want to meet up at the rally point the morning of the show.

if anyone intends camping, please let me know so I can tell Warren in advance and he'll reserve enough space for us.

Last edited:

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Looking forward to it, missed the last two years due to clash with kids Communions.

Like the idea of driving in together, we drove in convoy to the Fermoy show a couple of times and it worked out great

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'd expect if we can get behind something like this we could have convoys coming from all over the country to a rally point somewhere a few miles from the show to complete the last leg as a group.

Reactions: adrianfa

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
I've looked into the "engine out" demo and unless the club could foot the insurance for it we couldn't do it.

In other news.....
The newest issue of Irish Vintage Scene is out and we got a pretty decent mention for this years show.

​​​​​​ irish vintage limerick 2 by kevreadedj, on Flickr

​​​​​​ Irish vintage limerick 1 by kevreadedj, on Flickr

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
there's a nice woodland campsite just a few miles away from the show ground, Curragh Chase. I won't be camping as I have inlaws just a couple of miles from the show but you probably won't be the only one up for camping if you go.

it's 8 weeks away from now. Once the dust settles from VolksWorld and the few travellers get back I think we should start thinking about organising for this event if we're going to make a go of it. Like getting the word out, arranging convoys from different parts of the country, rally points the morning of the show so we can all arrive together, camping in the area etc.

Last edited:

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Just over 7 weeks to go.

Just a reminder that the club are making this THE show to go to in 2018. (we will pick a different one each year from now on)
We are hoping to get as many club members there as possible so now is the time to make sure you have the day booked off and your car is ready.

Reactions: andrew

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
The organisers will need a rough idea of how many of us are coming to allow enough room so can you please add your name if you intend to come.

1. Rez
2. Trev
100 :p