Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Kilkenny meet

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
We have a few members in and around Kilkenny so I'm going to organise a meet for this Wednesday (23rd). Meet up at half 7 in woodies diy car park. It's located between the Waterford rd and bennettsbridge rd roundabouts on the ring road. Any Carlow, Waterford, Laoise, Tip members welcome!
I won't be doing monthly meets like the Limerick one but it would be great to do a few throughout the year.
Who's up for it?
I'll be there at half 7 regardless

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryC

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
all the best tonight Kev, I'd be there if it was another night, sadly Wednesday won't work for me.
It's no further for me than the J14 Mayfield meetup...

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
4 of us turned up tonight 3 aircooled's.
We'll definitely do another in a few weeks. I might let weather or other events dictate when we meet.
Eamons oval looked stunning.

image_zpscy9no8q6.jpg

Reactions: irishtrains2730

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Let's get one more in before Christmas.....
Meeting in Woodies car park on the kilkenny ring road this Tuesday (8th) at half 7.

see ye there!

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
We'll keep doing them Trev. You'll eventually get down.
Good meet tonight. The location is great right at the KFC. Tea and cookies all round!
I had the beetle out for a spin earlier so asked Kieran if he wanted to drive it tonight considering his van is in storage up in Athy. He jumped at the chance. Eamon and Podsy even took the longer way home and swung by my place with me and Kieran.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Accuweather is telling me that the rain is coming to a temporary end. (y) I'm going to throw it out there for another meet this coming Tuesday (12th) at 7:30. Hopefully a few days notice might give folks from portlaoise, Tipperary, Carlow or Waterford a chance to get to it.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Yes sir. We should start taking bets on what you will arrive in. It's nearly always something different. ;)

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Well done to Trev (Portlaoise) and Ed (Waterford) for making the cold trip tonight. Trev doesn't have heat so I'm very worried that the poor dear doesn't catch his death :p
The KFC is perfect as a location as it provides us with a window to sit in overlooking the cars and coffee and cookies are always spot on!

Ed took his T4 "drag van" but we hope he'll have the Airbus down for one of the meets over the summer

Pics.....

Eamon did his Back to the Future "Libyans" impression out of the hatch in my van

The cars were frozen solid when we came back out.

No heat in the oval either

That's it for a few more weeks. I'll keep an eye on Accuweather and schedule the next one on the forecast. If anyone who isn't online regularly wants to be sent an update just PM me and I'll make sure you're aware when the next one is through PM or text.

Last edited: