Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Karmann Ghia parts/car needed.

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
I'm posting this ad for my father,as he doesn't use the internet much.
Unfortunately his '68 kg coupe was badly damaged by fire last week.
unsure what is the best way to go about fixing it,but he asked me to see if there is any chance anyone would have a complete car,mabey beyond repair,rust-wise?
the front half of the car was pretty much gutted,interior ruined,windows gone.engine/gearbox rear end are ok.panels ok,except for front bonnet warped-Britt told me he has one of these,but probably need almost everything else.
any help/advise would be appreciated.
thanks.Colm.
phone 087 3147920 anytime.

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
No way!!!, gutted to hear that your dads ghia has been damaged so badly.
I spotted him driving it into the Limerick show last week and was delighted to see it out and about, did he run into trouble on the way home?
If it was two years ago i would probably been able to sort him out but have very little Type1 ghia now.
He has owned that car for so long its so disappointing to hear this.

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
ya,very disappointing Rocky.suppose it could have been worse though.it had been parked outside for two days since Limerick.he usually puts it in the shed-if he had done that the house could have been gone too.at least it looks saveable and no one injured,and there was insurance on it.
hopefully it will see the road again..

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
John,will definitely take them,if thats ok with you.if you wouldn't mind sending me on your number that'd be great.thanks again.