Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

June 20th, 21st 2008 :: The Wild West Big Big Summer Campout

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
This is the event you've all been waiting for - the one that has it ALL!!

THE LOCATION

The most beautiful little patch of Ireland that you will ever see. We will be camping in grass just back from a sandy beach on the edge of a glacial lake called Lough na Fooey in Connemara. This lake is suitable for swimming, sunbathing, sailing, or fishing for brown trout or pike (both free). There is room for 10 or more vans or hard ground, and it is level safe, and best of all 100% FREE.

THE PLAN

Turn up any time on the Friday or Saturday and bring lots of food and drink. The plan is to chill out and enjoy the weekend. If anyone fancies it we can take a drive to Westport for lunch on the Saturday.

DIRECTIONS

Map: click here (switch to satellite view to see the beach).

finnylocmap.gif

Bring a map. It is not far from Clonbur, Leenane, or Lough Mask and Lough Corrib. Directions by Map24.com from Ballinrobe. Take the R334 for 3 miles. Take the R345 for 18 miles. Take the R226 for about 4 miles. Turn right onto local road for 3 miles. (If you bring a map you will find a quicker way - if you don't bring a map ring me and I'll have one).

PICTURES OF THE LAKE

irl05_33.jpeg

nafooey.jpg

img_0138.jpg

irl05_34b.jpeg

lake.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Ah there is something on very weekend - we just have to do our own thing and hope people have good taste like Justin :)

This one will be so special - I can feel it in my bones - it will just be 100% chilled and easy going. It will be worth the effort for sure.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I'm gonna bring a huge big BBQ to this and keep it stoked all weekend. I can't wait for this one.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
This will be better for sure

We are being joined by a special guest from the UK - a man who owes George a dizzy clamp and is coming over specially to deliver it that weekend :)

D

davycc

wow what a beautiful place has anybody ever camped/fished here before?

Last edited:

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
yeah - i've been there a few times and ross, tom, and i were there last winter (it was no so nice then) - it is lovely

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
we had a barbeque when tom was there - the wind was so strong that we had to put the sausages under the bbq to cook coz the wind kep blowing the flams down and out - great stuff - that was december though