Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

July 7th, 8th, 2007 :: British Volkswagen Festival

S

Suze

We're staying in Tewkesbury. Thinking of going to Cadbury world on friday evening :D how far is it from east midlands airport?

S

Suze

yep last ticket is at 4, we're flying in at 2...any chance we would make it?

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Have decided to go over to this one.Will be travelling alone and was wondering if anyone else was going.I am sailing from Dublin on Thursday night at 8.55. Back on Sunday evening.

Bogman

October 26, 2006
Newcastle Staffordshire
Claire said:
Bogman said:
Claire said:
after all that - we won't be going :roll: :)

What :shock:

yep - giving it a miss this year :( just back tonight from a holiday so can't fit in BVF aswell - maybe next year :)

Are you going Will?

Good on you Rascal for deciding to go 8) It is a very good show 8) 8) 8)

We are going and my son Iain (21). I think about 8 from our local "club" are going.

rascal1 said:
Have decided to go over to this one.Will be travelling alone and was wondering if anyone else was going.I am sailing from Dublin on Thursday night at 8.55. Back on Sunday evening.

If you wish you can PM me for my mobile number if you'd like to make contact with the "locals" :D We will not be there until the Saturday morning but some of our club will be there on the Friday night :)

Will 8)

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Got back last night on the Swift ferry into Dublin. There were a lot of mud spattered vw's around the field and the massey Ferguson had to be called on. Shall we just say one had to be careful where one parked if you wanted to drive out 2 days later. All sorts of Vw's on show including a Polo owners group.very different crowd to what would be at Vanfest.
Camped in a spot where a group from Near Liverpool always camped. They were very nice crowd and we talked and swapped stories till the small hours.I think we also had a few drinks.I went with a shopping list and found nothing.Least of all early bay window steering wheels. It had a vw to suit everyone.

S

Suze

it was great :D ive got over 600 pics from the weekend just need to sort through them.
We went to GTi festival in santa pod on sunday aswell.....some good videos of buses racing on the 1/4 mile :D
looking forward to next year!!!
and we met rascal "shopping" on saturday :lol:

Bogman

October 26, 2006
Newcastle Staffordshire
rascal1 said:
Got back last night on the Swift ferry into Dublin. There were a lot of mud spattered vw's around the field and the massey Ferguson had to be called on. Shall we just say one had to be careful where one parked if you wanted to drive out 2 days later. All sorts of Vw's on show including a Polo owners group.very different crowd to what would be at Vanfest.
Camped in a spot where a group from Near Liverpool always camped. They were very nice crowd and we talked and swapped stories till the small hours.I think we also had a few drinks.I went with a shopping list and found nothing.Least of all early bay window steering wheels. It had a vw to suit everyone.

Hi Liam,

Sorry I forgot my mobile and we did not get to meet you :(

We spent 4 hours there on the Saturday and I managed to get a few items we needed for the van.
The weather was very good and the field used for day parking was dry enough. It was nice to have our son Iain with us. He now wants a Mk1 Golf :D

We are looking forward to Vanfest but before that two and a half weeks in France :mrgreen: