Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

interesting kit car on donedeal

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland

I sure did...:D

firstdrive2.jpg

firstdrive5.jpg

That advert is a little OVERPRICED if you ask me...probably worth around the 1k mark if the right person came looking.

Also, if the front windscreen is not included then the purchaser will need to source and ship a windscreen from the States. They came from a Ford Pinto if I remember correctly. I think I have an original windscreen rubber lying around if anyone here buys it! ;)

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
nice car knk did you modify your rear wheel arches ? i have one of these here in my shed bought it for 900 euros as you say if it doesnt have a windscreen you would have to import one and yes its from a ford pinto . oh its a Karma Dino replica and they were sold here in kit form by a guy in wiklow (i think)

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
nice car knk did you modify your rear wheel arches ? i have one of these here in my shed bought it for 900 euros as you say if it doesnt have a windscreen you would have to import one and yes its from a ford pinto . oh its a Karma Dino replica and they were sold here in kit form by a guy in wiklow (i think)

No, I didn't modify the rear arches, although I reckon a previous owner did as I've never seen another body with this addition. I like it, gives the arch more definition. The kits originated in the states and were brought to the UK in the late '70s, early '80s by Roger Wooley and sold under the company name of 'RW Kit Cars'. I think those kits being sold in Wicklow were not originals, and weaker reproductions.

I bought 2 windscreens from the states. Took about 3 months to arrive. Used one and put the other away for a rainy day. Not long after I sold the car a guy came looking for the second windscreen I had. Went out to the yard to find the crate with the windscreen lying broken on the ground! :( I think a stormy wind knocked it over one night. Pity, as the guy is still trying to source one...that was over a year ago! :)