Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Insurance

Saabman

Club Member
Club Member
September 7, 2021
Ireland
Hi Trev,
same here, I’ve just paid and joined up. Would be obliged if you could send me the membership number or whatever first Ireland require as proof. Thank you very much.

Sunshine

August 21, 2021
Hi trev still got the orange westfalia ,if I remember correctly u called it a different colour ? My ?is will first Ireland insure someone with no other vehicle and only a camper van ,starting off with no previous insurance, regards sunshine

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Hi Ian,

yeah, still have the orange Westy, it's just L20B Brilliant Orange. Maybe you're thinking of the orange 1300S Beetle I also have? Even though it's as orange as you can get, it's L30M and called "Tomato Red" by VW.

To answer your question, First Ireland require you to have a "daily driver" already insured to avail of their classic car insurance policy. I'm not sure there's any way around it really. You could try calling around and see if any of the other classic car insurers don't have that requirement on their policies. Look up Campion Insurance brokers in Portlaoise, AXA do a classic policy, Carole Nash, Autoline in the North insure cars south of the border.

Hopefully you get sorted without too much hassle.

epm

Club Member
Club Member
September 28, 2021
Ireland
Hi Trev,

I've just joined the Club.
Is it possible to get confirmation of this for First Ireland Insurance?

Regards,

Eugene

richiec

Club Member
Club Member
November 23, 2021
Ireland
trev , recent signup here and I think I need the membership # to get sorted with first ireland. Brilliant offer btw and looks like a great community here.

Alan hanrahan

Club Member
Club Member
December 7, 2021
Ireland
Hello everyone I'm just after signing up here paid the fee on PayPal I'm a bit lost at the moment how do I get confirmation of payment or the membership number cheers