Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Heat exchangers for Bus 1600 engine.

AntiGrav

Club Member
Club Member
June 15, 2007
Wicklow
I am looking for a pair of original heat exchangers in good condition to suit bus with 1600 engine.

I've just taken a pair off my bus and replaced with 'J' tubes. Free to good home. In Enniskerry, Co Wicklow. They are at least 5 years old, and are more 'OK' than good ;-)

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Still looking for original ones.
Called out to see Antigrav and collected his exchangers but they are Repro ones. I might try to use the levers on the original beetle ones.
Antigrav has just fitted a stainless exhaust to his bus and it is the nicest stock exhaust I have seen.
Lovely work.

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Thank you Britt. I know I am being fussy but I like my heat. Mind you the beetle one I have fitted,wired open permanently,works perfectly. At 3000 revs I cannot hold my hand over the vent. Burny Burny...Me like Burny Burny..

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
Ive a pair of 'Dansk' - Made in Denmark Bus heat exchangers (allegedly one of the better non genuine heat exchangers) - and have the heating fins inside - these are 'new unused' - were fitted to the engine - but it was never wired n plumed or run; hence they never 'passed any gasses' (!) through them; asking €80.

I also have a Bus rear silencer - Genuine VW - again unused -€80.

Theres minor surface rust on these exhaust bits...
Pm me or 086 059 3350.

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
I called my buddy and he only has 1 pair and needs them. I'll look around in my stash and see what I can find Liam. I'll have a container heading over soon so if I find some I'll toss em in N/C

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Ive a pair of 'Dansk' - Made in Denmark Bus heat exchangers (allegedly one of the better non genuine heat exchangers) - and have the heating fins inside - these are 'new unused' - were fitted to the engine - but it was never wired n plumed or run; hence they never 'passed any gasses' (!) through them; asking €80.

I also have a Bus rear silencer - Genuine VW - again unused -€80.

Theres minor surface rust on these exhaust bits...
Pm me or 086 059 3350.

Dansk are a good quality repo exchanger but their internal fins are not as good as the originals.
Thanks for the offer.