Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Guten Tag aus Cork

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
No, not way off at all. You'd definitely pick up something for in or around that money that would need work, how much depends on each car.

drifterex

Club Member
Club Member
September 18, 2008
Waterford, Éire
Well, regarding a trap, I'm still doing the research and trying to get my head around the finer points of aircooled VW ownership !! To be honest, I'm making sure it's something that I really want to do rather than a regretful fad.

That red Beetle looks very tasty ! Is it yours ?

Yeah, red one is mine. Looks better in pictures than real life I'm afraid. It's in the middle of a body off chassis repair at the minute. I've had it nearly five years, body is very good , but chassis was ropey at best and the time has come to sort it. Needs a lot of work but that's part of the territory.

you definitely won't regret buying one though, nothing like the feeling of driving them regardless of condition of work needed

Reactions: airhead_eire

dee

Club Member
Club Member
February 4, 2015
Cork
I'm in the city outskirts but not a long drive to Camden. Well spotted !

We live a stones throw across the tide. My kids go to school down there and the view faces you as you leave the GAA pitch...…No hiding in a small town :D

airhead_eire

January 12, 2019
Well, I knew I had an older thread on here - I went searching an found these posts !!
It only took four years but '23 was to be the year that the Beetle search finally ended.
After a flight to the Netherlands and a 10 day trip to drive it home, a Seeblau '66 now resides in the garage next to its aircooled German brethren.....

Attachments

• _DSC7411-01.jpeg
    _DSC7411-01.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • DSCF9526-01.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230331_154613-01.jpeg
    IMG_20230331_154613-01.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
  • DSCF8634-01.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 5