Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Get Insured with Eircooled's Insurance Partner - First Ireland

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Only First Ireland can answer that Tim.
Yeah thats true, but I thought someone on here might be driving an LT camper. I contacted them but waiting for a reply, and they are not too fast on answering their e mails. I saw an LT on the eireball run the weekend, so I should have asked the driver.
I think its 20 year classics for First Ireland, which would be great. But I'm not buying on what I think:)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
They're very variable with what they are willing to accept. I had to argue with them about insuring a 37 year old 1.1 mk1 Golf but they accepted a 19 year old 225bhp Audi TT last year without question.

Pick up the phone and get one of them to check while you wait.

Reactions: Tim

Vdoublv

Club Member
Club Member
August 11, 2020
Ireland
Hey guys,
Insurance is up for renewal. 1970 T2. Main driver and 2 x named drivers (all over 25 and with own policy on own cars). Coming in at 538 with CN!
Can I do better if I try FI using membership number?
I haven't been insured with FI before.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Only one way to find out, give them a call!

Beware, they don't like it if you have a cooker on board.

Barnfind

Club Member
Club Member
August 5, 2014
Longford
Lads, who is the best option for vintage campervan insurance? I thought First Ireland did do it but with heating elements and naked flames they are not interested..

Pauline

Club Member
Club Member
February 29, 2024
HI I have just insured my VW vintage camper with first ireland. I need to prove that I have joined eircooled which I did this morning. Will I get a confirmation letter?

Dizzy T2

Club Member
Club Member

Fully comprehensive insurance is available starting at just €213* to Eircooled members.

• Extra vehicles covered for just €57 each. (TBC)
  • Drivers must be over 25 years old. (TBC)
  • Main policy holder must have a full licence. Vehicle generally has to be over 20 years old, but they will consider 15+.
  • No commercials.
  • Golf GTi's, Porsches, etc will have to be referred for consideration.
  • Mileage is restricted to 2000 miles, with various options for larger limits (see below).
  • Extra drivers are free if they are over 28, but must have their own insurance (on other car), except for your partner who need not have
  • All cars under policy can be used at the one time if required - i.e. 1 policy, 2 cars, 2 drivers, both driving at same time - no problem.
  • Driving other cars is included.
  • Vehicles of up to 50k value covered.
  • The vehicle is NOT subject to a road-worthiness test
  • Ireland wide breakdown cover is covered for 365 days per year.
  • Custom vehicles ARE covered.
  • European/UK driving is covered for 31 days per year.
  • Glass cover is provided up to a value of €1000.
*€213 offer is subject to the above terms along with other terms and conditions that you can discuss with the broker. This page is provided as a helpful guide, but please confirm all details and benefits with First Ireland.
To apply you should phone Brian Butterly on 01- 8820800. or bbutterly@firstireland.ie

You will need the following;

Eircooled member ID
Name
Address
Date of birth
Occupation
Licence type
Bonus details of members main car if you have one
Any claims details
Named drivers details (name, d.o.b, occupation, and licence type)
Year of classic car
Make and model of classic car
Engine size of classic car
Value of classic car
Hi Guys is this the place to get van insurance