Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Get Insured with Eircooled's Insurance Partner - First Ireland

Ian O D

June 3, 2020
HI everyone. Will a T5 caravelle 2004 be able to get covered on the policy? ( I see it says over 15 years considered) Camper on the log book. If not any idea who will insure it as all online are asking about 1.8 metre internal height. Sure im only 5 foot 6 lol. Cheers

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I think you might have to go with the motor caravan club to insure a new-ish camper. But I don't have one, hopefully someone who knows for sure will respond

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
It's now 20 years old before they'll look at it, and First Ireland aren't interested if it has gas cooker or gas heating in it.

As Trev said the caravan club do insurance for low roof campers

andrew

Club Member
Club Member
April 11, 2013
kildare
Hi Trev
can you send me on my membership number as I will need to get insurance?
no rush just need it before August
Thanks

djjcue

Club Member
Club Member
September 16, 2020
Ireland
hi. i recently sent the 25 euro fee via paypal for club membership. This was a requirement from my insurance company First Ireland for my classic policy.
I need to send them the membership number within 14 days.
Have you received payment? Thanks

Kitymambula

Club Member
Club Member
February 4, 2021
Ireland
Hello guys, i also just joined and paid the fee, could someone please send me my membership number ?

Thanks and wishing you all a great day !

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I've emailed you, Kitymambula.
I need more information to be able to process your membership application.

Judith

Club Member
Club Member
January 29, 2021
Ireland
Hi trev

I have sent membership by paypal today. When you get a chance can you email on my membership number. Thank you

RockIT

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2021
Ireland
Hi Trev,

The insurance policy and its details look great, although I do have one question: Does the policy cover legal expenses and personal injury etc.?

Thanks

Dave

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Hi Dave,

You'd need to question First Ireland about that. We don't sell the insurance, we don't make any money from it and have no responsibility for it, it's just a preferential rate we've arranged with First Ireland.

woolydave

Club Member
Club Member
November 16, 2006
Kildare
Tried reading up on the whole commercial insurance and can't make sense of it. All the standard insurance companies (First Ireland, Carole nash, etc) aren't interested in insuring my 1979 Irish Crew cab. The van was stored away for 6 years and I thought would be easier to get back on the road but alas. Appreciate for any info, thanks.

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
With First Ireland I think it comes down to the classification (Motor Taxation Class).

I had my Irish panel van insured with First Ireland for years but approx 2 or 3 years ago they dropped it from the policy, reason given was because it is classified as 'commercial' on the tax book.
I currently have a LHD Crewcab on the same policy, while its described as a 'pick up' on the registration certificate the motor tax class is 'Vintage'.

The solution is to re-classify, I decided not to go this route as it involved sending away the original brown log book. I understood at the time that it would be replaced with a new Registration Certificate. Maybe if you called to your local Motor Tax Office they can adjust the classification on the system and update the brown log book.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
If you can get to the local tax office they won't take the brown book from you. They update the computer record for your vehicle then with a biro strike out the old classification and write in vintage/veteran. Then they hand it back to you.