Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] German look project. 944 brakes suspension etc.

lookingforbug

Club Member
Club Member
November 14, 2008
Dun Laoghaire
1303 German-look Project for Sale

The car came over from Buxton in Derbyshire and had an MOT and is still UK registered

Usually people sell off their project cars when they realise that the car is made of rust, newspaper, expanding foam and bean cans – the car then requires more work and money than they initially expected.

Here this is not the case, there is a genuine reason that this is being sold ( moving to the UK to study) I will be very sad to see it go.

Details:

This was intended to be a lightweight street car that was fun in the bends and had a bit of power to back it up. Therefore it was never meant to be a concourse show car, more of a toy to put a manic grin on my face!

Shell – Solid, bit of MOT welding carried out by previous owner over the years but all to a good standard. Removable rear valance for easy engine access. Port-holes cut inside rear wheel arch to allow easy tuning of twin carbs. Enhanced engine bay ventilation ducting (naca duct) . Resprayed in white using PU alkyd enamel based paint. The paint job is not the best in terms of finish, but will do its main job of protecting the metal until full respray ! Got all the body panels and glass to go with it too.

Suspension – Hybrid of Porsche 944 and 1303. Fully fitted with new Polyurethane bushes from front to rear. All components de-rusted and repainted with rust bullet. Porsche 944 front stub axles and rear hubs. INCLUDES fitted stupidly expensive conversion ball joints and bump steer bushes necessary.

Heavy duty front anti-roll bar.

Running Gear – IRS 1303 AS code (I think) single side plate gearbox, good working order, no whining or popping out of gear.

Brakes – Front and rear Porsche 944 disc brakes (vented) with correct 944 master cylinder and 944 converted handbrake kit.

Wheels – 16” genuine Porsche boxster alloys.
I think these are better proportioned to the car than 17s and they also are a better off-set and width to fit perfectly in standard arches. Brand new Yokohama front tyres, good condition Falken rears

Other – Electric fuel pump and regulator, boxes of all the other bits you’ll need to put the car together

Currently the body is off, new floor-pans included and ready to be welded in.
New heater channel backing plates required on Shell.

No engine.

How much ?
Poured a lot of money into good parts – Lots of work done on the rolling shell and plenty of high spec parts - full 944 disc brake set up, uprated suspension, gearbox, running gear, electric fuel pump and loads of other stuff.

Looking for €1,400

Location Baldonnel Co.Dublin

PM me for my phone number and I’ll be happy to discuss.

IMG_7273 (Large).JPGIMG_7938 (Large) (Large).JPGIMGP4525 (Large).jpgIMG_7334 (Large).JPGIMG_7332 (Large).JPGIMG_7936 (Large).JPGIMGP4537 (Large).jpgIMG_7932 (Large).JPGIMGP4536 (Large).jpgIMG_7330 (Large).JPG

Last edited:

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Youre mad to be selling this car when you're so close to the finish line! Put it away for a while until you're back from your studies! And if you are selling separately, I'll be interested in a few bits! Good luck with the sale.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
shame you have to sell :(

out of interest, how did you manage to remove the massive positive camber you get when you bolted up the 944 front hubs?

lookingforbug

Club Member
Club Member
November 14, 2008
Dun Laoghaire
I'd love to keep it , but i can't afford to store it for 3 years :(
Trev i know that some people elongate the top hole of the bracket on the strut, but wasn't really keen on this so I made some hybrid 944/1303 struts by combining the 944 strut with beetle springs and beetle top mount. Sorted :)

lookingforbug

Club Member
Club Member
November 14, 2008
Dun Laoghaire
SOLD ! Good luck with the project hope to see it on the road soon !
will post strut brace, gearbox, engine, seats and other parts to the trading post tomorrow ;)

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Can I have first dibs on the strut brace if you still have it??.Might need other stuff as well.:)