Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] german / Californian metal for sale, quarters channels etc

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
2 complete sides from a 69 bug without vents behind windows. These are via california and mint. Cut shy of bumper mounts front and back but more than useful for rear quarters, channels, front quarter and door pillars. Best thing about these is if replacing all this metal do in one go, and have the proper german dimensions, using original heavy duty vw quality panels not repro crap

price reduced- £300/side

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Padraic90

Club Member
Club Member
June 30, 2015
Galway
Hi im new here! I dont suppose u still have these?! Im doing a full resto on a 1303s and its got rust worm 😂

Padraic90

Club Member
Club Member
June 30, 2015
Galway
Im the panel beater�� first attempt at anything like this im a vw/skoda mechanic by trade! Most of these should be
good to go on a super bug bar the fresh air vents at rear?!

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Hi Padraig,the heater channels will need a bit of modding to fit the 1303 chassis I think . AFAIK the 03 channels are slightly smaller in lenght.Its only a small issue though.Someone will be able to explain better as I'm no metalworker.
Unless you are doing a stock resto on the car I wouldn't really be bothered about the fresh air or half moon vents . They're only good for collecting water and rusting out from within.

Padraic90

Club Member
Club Member
June 30, 2015
Galway
Hi Padraig,the heater channels will need a bit of modding to fit the 1303 chassis I think . AFAIK the 03 channels are slightly smaller in lenght.Its only a small issue though.Someone will be able to explain better as I'm no metalworker.
Unless you are doing a stock resto on the car I wouldn't really be bothered about the fresh air or half moon vents . They're only good for collecting water and rusting out from within.

Cheers johnny im new to bugs and going off a book and a bug me dvd!! bought this one not knowing alot about the metal work horrors on the 70's models esp!! 😱 anyways its got new floors now so kinda have stay going with it 😂 ya i got heater channels already just getting the body ready to weld them n at the monent! Its mainly the rear quarters i need and sections of the drip rail!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
any photos of your new beetle Padraic? Those sides that Shane has will be fine for you up as far as the A-post. Depending on which superbeetle you have (there were two, the 1302 and 1303 models) then the windscreen frame will be different. Still, if you only need the back ends they'll be grand.

You can't beat stock VW metal for fitting first time! Saves a ton of work in the long run...

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
Cheers guys, haven't been getting notifications for some reason ? Pm sent mate
any photos of your new beetle Padraic? Those sides that Shane has will be fine for you up as far as the A-post. Depending on which superbeetle you have (there were two, the 1302 and 1303 models) then the windscreen frame will be different. Still, if you only need the back ends they'll be grand.

You can't beat stock VW metal for fitting first time! Saves a ton of work in the long run...