Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Front seats

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie
Bruno-Electra-Ride-II-SRE-1550.jpg

There you go..............

No need to thank me...............

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Lexus seats are bulky and too wide/high for even a T25. The motors take up a lot of space under the base...well at least the LS400 do!

Porsche 911? :)

crazylegs

Club Member
Club Member
February 27, 2008
kilkenny
www.krazykombis.com
These are out of a 200 sport , they look tidy enough from the pics , I'd imagine Merc ones are huge and the tombstone Porsche look seat does nothing for me ...as would the price Id imagine .

gary1998

Club Member
Club Member
April 21, 2010
dublin
red cow scrappy has a saab with black leather.. there's also a celica there seats are very flat bottom'd

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
These are out of a 200 sport , they look tidy enough from the pics , I'd imagine Merc ones are huge and the tombstone Porsche look seat does nothing for me ...as would the price Id imagine .

I don't like L200 seats, they have a very flat, hard base with no real leg support. My friend has an L200 and any time we do a journey longer than 1hr I feel wrecked after getting out of it! :) I suppose if you mounted the base at more of an angle backwards it would help support the legs.

I stripped down a pair of Granada Scorpio V6 electric seats for one of my projects and the base is quite compact. You can get the Scorpio in leather too and there are plenty of them around. The upholstery ones look dated and would need recovering to look more modern. Foam is comfortable and they are also heated with lumbar support too.
Here's a stripped down seat to give you an idea.
bomberseat30.jpg

bomberseat32.jpg

bomberseat33.jpg

You could also look at Mazda MX5 or Honda S2000...but they are fairly similar in shape to the 944 above.

Last edited: