Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

For Sale :: Bargain :: VW Golf MK4 SDi

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
VW Golf SDI 1.9L 1999, 152k mls, 5 dr, h/b, manual, NCT 02/09, dark, navy, ABS, a/b, c/l, p/s, bargain car, great driver, 50mpg easy.

GOLF%20SM.jpg

Good Bits
Does well over 50mpg - this thing goes from Galway to Dublin and back for ?20.
Passed it's NCT with no hassles - valid till Feb 09.
Timing belt was changed just a few months ago (140k).
ABS, central locking, power steering, cheap insurance.
New power steering rack and front suspension.

Bad Bits
The pass. side door lock when left open causes the c/l to play up sometimes.
The wiper switch is worn and needs replacing (?40 for switch).
The bodywork is solid and rustfree but not showroom by any means.

?3750 ono - this needs to go soon as I need the cash for another beast. The car will be purchased ready to rock - cleaned, polished, and with a full tank of fuel.

(note the pic shown is not this car - just one off the net - it is the exact same model and colour though)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
This is a great car - serious MPG, solid as a rock. If I get a good offer in the next few days I'll take it.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
This car is going for trade-in on Saturday unless I get a reasonable offer. The wiper switch has been replaced and I've just disabled the central locking. It has been valeted and waxed and is looking as good as it ever will. There are 4 fresh Firestone tyres on this car and it needs nothing to give you some reliable, safe, cheap driving.

?2800 is the asking price until Friday evening.

Cash only, no haggling.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
This is a seriously cheap car. I paid ?4000 for it in February. All it needs is the central locking fixed and it is good for another 100,000 miles at least. It has side airbags, front airbags, power steering, almost new tyres (last Feb), new brakes and front shocks (2006), a huge boot for a hatchback, about 8 speakers for the stereo, the best naturally aspirated diesel engine ever made, and it sticks to the road. And to top it all it does 50 - 60 MPG. Stick a towbar on this and you will easily pull another car around the place with you.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Coz Mrs Mad Max would prefer a small car in a different colour. I personally love this car - it is a tank and will do 100MPH on a good road (I've been told).

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
24 hours left on this. I have an offer of ?2500 on it which I have to reply to by lunchtime tomorrow. This is seriously a giveaway. Why is no-one interested?????

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
george said:
Mad Max said:
This is seriously a giveaway. Why is no-one interested?????

its non turbo - i wouldn't buy and non turdo'd diesel

makes no sense as a policy - this car does 100mph, 60mpg, will wheelspin if you give it enough welly, has no turbo to go wrong, and will kick your 1.6 TD van off the road :)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
SOLD

(thank god)

Off to Dublin tomorrow to buy the missus a nice flash new car from Airhead. Well sure the poor lad needs all the help he can get :)

George - Richie said something rude about your people carrier and suggested I repeat it in public. I'll let you beat him up later.

dazza

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Ballymoney Co.Antrim
if i needed a car id buy it, its far too cheap, its a great car, no one could possibly pick holes in it for that bargain price.

Put it in autotrader and it will sell instantly!!!!!!!!!!!!1

george

Club Member
Club Member
March 20, 2007
Galway
www.gacurley.com
Mad Max said:
George - Richie said something rude about your people carrier and suggested I repeat it in public. I'll let you beat him up later.

now now - besides its not mine!! its the mothers but its a good towing car.

besides it is aa turbo!! a 2.9litre turbo to be exact!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
This has been the longest I've ever had a car for sale. I've never seen so many people come and view a car and then walk away. It is a bit tatty, but as Dazza says they are a great car - dunno why people have such an issue with the SDi. Still - it cost us less than ?100 a month to own for the last year all in, so I'm happy enough. That is two Golfs I've had bad luck selling. I'm done buying bangers anyways - I'm off to Windsor to get a bargain - I know a guy who works there!!