Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

For Sale - 1964 Patina'd Bug "The POS"

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Unfortunately, it’s time to sell this one. Want to purchase something different (non VW) and don’t have the storage space. If I had the space, I’d keep it as it’s going to kill me to let it go.

Most of you will know the car. It’s a 1964 Bug which came from the U.S. back in 2010. I purchased it in 2011 and have done various jobs to it since (see link below showing work done).

It’s got a 1600 twin port engine, full new interior including headliner carpet, door panels, seat covers etc. The chrome BBS Sprint Star wheels are in great condition, as are the tyres. It’s got an adjustable front beam, a front safari windscreen (the screen is cracked from top to bottom in the centre but being flat glass, is easy to replace. I never did as being a Rat look car, it never bothered me).

The car is as solid a beetle as I have ever seen.
  • Patina on OG paint from 1964
  • No rot at all
  • OG metal -except the engine lid which was red before it was bare metalled
  • Rare 'small window' pop out rear windows
  • Brand new front safari window
  • New window rubbers all round
  • New door rubbers
  • New trim clips & rubber bungs
  • Lots of cool accessories incl. flying VW bonnet badge from Oz, dice dust caps, 356 style grills, EMPI dip rear view mirror, single mount antenna, swan neck mirrors etc etc
  • New wiring incl. modern fuse box
  • Rear reverse lamps
  • Vintage front spot lamps
  • EMPI shifter
  • New Sony Stereo
  • All shut lines are perfect and as new
Not included in the sale is the steering wheel (there will be a white ‘60’s steering wheel included).

I’m a little unsure where to pitch the price. I’m asking €10k which I think is reasonable considering the condition of the car and the rarity of it. It’s a real head-turner which gets a lot of attention any time I have it out.

My progress page since purchase.
https://www.eircooled.com/deforum/fo...-slow-progress

Coxy’s introduction page 2010
https://www.eircooled.com/deforum/fo...y64can-the-pos

Contact Kieran on (087) 2290716

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	393322
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	228.3 KB ID:	393323
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	174.5 KB ID:	393324
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	478.6 KB ID:	393325
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	393322
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	491.5 KB ID:	393327
Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	517.2 KB ID:	393328

Last edited:
Reactions: gerryjunior

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Time to think about selling this one again. Still in 2 minds but reckon it has to go.