Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] for sale 1960 karmann ghia

gerryjunior

Club Member
Club Member
April 17, 2011
tipperary
For sale 1960 RHD karmann ghia,
Nice solid early car , right hand drive , has 36hp engine , still runnung 6 volt points , very reliable and smooth car , has stainless bumpers , all rubbers replaced , new tyres, new headliner , floors are solid , wheel well etc , interior is original , newman commerical carpet set , new exhaust , etc etc , this is a lovely car to drive and i have enjoyed owning it , but im selling to buy a new project, its no show car paint isnt perfect , it has some bubbling underneath the front nose and on one rear wing ( both small areas) and a very old repair underneath about 5 inchs long which isnt pretty but no rot or rust to worry about ,im just being as honest as possible , the brake lights and oil light are not currently working otherwise its all good ,heres a few recent pics,
Early cars are getting hard to find and rhd ones even harder , come and view , i would like this to stay in Ireland but i will advertise it in the uk next week , SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD AS THEY SAY FIRST TO SEE DID BUY , AND I HOPE HE ENJOYS IT AS MUCH AS WE HAVE...
DSC_0766.jpgDSC_0860.jpgDSC_0861.jpgDSC_0862.jpgDSC_0863.jpgDSC_0864.jpgDSC_0865.jpgDSC_0878.jpgDSC_0879.jpgDSC_0880.jpgDSC_0883.jpgDSC_0893.jpgDSC_0897.jpg

Last edited:

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
hi Gavin,have been trying to get through to you on the phone.my father is very interested in buying your Karmann!
will call down today if that suits you.my phone is 087 3147920,would really appriciate it if you could give a shout.thanks.colm

Last edited:

gerryjunior

Club Member
Club Member
April 17, 2011
tipperary
sorry colm , my phone battery was dead, i didnt realise , give me a ring now or in the morning , i got your pm thanks.

brianm

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2010
Tipp
Sweet car gavin, surprised your letting it go. Best of luck with the sale!

gerryjunior

Club Member
Club Member
April 17, 2011
tipperary
thanks Brian, i really dont mind if it stays or not , i'd be quiet happy to continue driving it, just fancy something else ,no doubt ill regret it in the future but thats the way it go's ..

whatucolm

Club Member
Club Member
September 2, 2008
galway
well first to see it bought it, hope he enjoys it and its staying in ireland,

can tell you Dad is absolutely delighted to have been to buy the Karmann Gavin!has the garage all cleaned out ready for its arrival.
was very nice to meet you,and see those lovely machines you have-love that tuned up Lambretta!
i'm sure the Karmann will be out to a few shows before long.thanks a million!

gerryjunior

Club Member
Club Member
April 17, 2011
tipperary
the new owner drove it home today from clonmel to galway and not a trailer or breakdown van in sight, a fitting way to see it go.. i hope its driven and enjoyed..