Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin/Kildare Meet?...

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
This is just an idea, with no particular dates in mind..

The Dublin meet happens monthly, meeting in stillorgan, followed by a spin for food.. Some kildare members are meeting monthly as well around Monasterevin?..

With the long evenings, and the good weather in mind, would anyone be interested in a joint Dublin/Kildare meeting perhaps which would hopefully draw a larger crowd and give everyone a chance to have a longer spin as well as meeting some other members they may not have met before..

Some people may want to meet in Dublin first and travel in convoy.. Im sure the midlanders might do likewise?.. and then all meet up somewhere central.

Ive no-where in particular in mind, but somewhere around the Naas area would probably be manageable distance for everyone.

Good/bad idea??...

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Nice idea Graham...would make a nice change for at least one monthly meet. Although some of the wicklow crew probably won't like the extra driving. :)

Now all you have to do is just follow up with an actual plan. :p

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Nice idea Graham...would make a nice change for at least one monthly meet. Although some of the wicklow crew probably won't like the extra driving. :)

Now all you have to do is just follow up with an actual plan. :p

Ah shyte, I've to plan it as well??.. Haha
Well seeing as I'm in Wicklow I don't wanna hear and soft shytes complaining :p

Ok, do people want this to be an extended first weds of the month meet, or have it completely separate?... I had thought an extra meet on a different date... Thoughts?..

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
In theory this is a great idea and i'd certainly be up for the little extra driving, but realistically there is only a core of 4 or 5 that attend the Kildare meet and one or two are regular dublin attendees. i don't really know if there would be extra numbers if we smashed them together.

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
In theory this is a great idea and i'd certainly be up for the little extra driving, but realistically there is only a core of 4 or 5 that attend the Kildare meet and one or two are regular dublin attendees. i don't really know if there would be extra numbers if we smashed them together.

Fair point man, but it's not all about numbers.. It's a change from the usual, and an excuse for a bit more driving... Sure we will see how much interest there I and see then if it's worth a shot..

Any other non-Dublin folk interested?..

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Fair point man, but it's not all about numbers.. It's a change from the usual, and an excuse for a bit more driving... Sure we will see how much interest there I and see then if it's worth a shot..

Any other non-Dublin folk interested?..

yeah sound and i don't mean to piss on your chips or anything. We set up the kildare meet with the hope to catch a few dublin members too but it didn't really take off. fingers crossed it works out, let me know if there's anything i can do.

Lazy Dog

Club Member
Club Member
October 14, 2008
Maghermore, Wicklow.
www.lazydays.ie

Yep........... same clowns different circus.................!!

:D

darren

Club Member
Club Member
January 21, 2007
Kildare
well I'm in lucan so that would suit me. kilcock by the canal?

Kilcock by the Canal for 7:30/ 8:00. Good food served in O'Keefe's pub on the canal. I'm up for it lads.

Who else while we have our summer evening?

emo72

Club Member
Club Member
April 12, 2010
dublin
i couldnt sign in to my account on my mobile today. so i know its a bit late. if anyone wants to get out for a drive on thurs or fri evening i can meet in kilcock or surrounding area just for coffee or something. while theweathers good like!