Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Devon Eurovette

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
I'm looking for a little info regarding the value of these busses.

i know of one which has recently been offered for sale for around 5G sterling.With the current exchange rates it would be say 5800 euros, Could be had a little cheaper I'd say.
Description of van below.

It's a 1975 devon eurovette is for sale rare interior. Don't know what it's classed as rare, any ideas. It's with the larger pop up roof, sleeps 4,2up 2 down,the van has been left a few years with a trip to get a mot last year and that was it 7 miles!
The engine starts straight away with no trouble and is a 1600 tp there is also a leisure battery wired up,the interior is original and needs a bit of tlc such as trims need glueing back on, the pop top is in great condition no tears at all needs the gas struts replaced as it struggles to stay up,there are 3 seat belts in the back.
The body work needs work but the jacking points are all fine as are the wheel arches,the outer sill needs patching and a hole under the windscreen needs sorting nothing Structural as far as i can see! Other bits that will need doing at some point but all useable as it is battery tray, bottom corner of the front panel again use as it is and use the van as a rolling project! The colour is metallic blue.
I think it will go through a mot with the outer sill patched as these have been advisorys on the mot for years,it's a usable project, any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

​​​​​​​

Attachments

• photo22641.jpg
    photo22641.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo22642.jpg
    photo22642.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo22643.jpg
    photo22643.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo22644.jpg
    photo22644.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo22645.jpg
    photo22645.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo22646.jpg
    photo22646.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo22647.jpg
    photo22647.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 0

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Looks in shite TBH. If you're going to do that much work, I'd start with a Westy.

The fuck engine is that?

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Its a full restoration it need, new front panel and the bits under it as well, the sills there's three parts to that sill, battery tray and probably the full corner. The last picture looks like a Golf. It will need a lot of work so you would want to get the price down a good bit.

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Lol, see this is why I asked, id never heard of a Devon eurovette, no idea of value when in decent nick,

ill ask the question regarding the engine, and your right Brian I accidentally uploaded a pic of the golf lol. Stubby fingers. I'm sure it could be had for a lot cheaper but was wondering what are the current values in this kind of condition. Are they classed as a desirable bus to own and would the interior be a high spec or run of the mill standard specification.

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Devon campers where made in Devon there where about three different type roofs on them. Early ones where made from minibuses and later ones from panel vans like my one, too make them a bit cheaper to sell. The interiors where good and have a bit of a fan base but the westy is the top of the range Volkswagen approved one and hold there value better. If the interior is in good shape keep it if not scrap it and fit a new modern one.