Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Cylinder head work

Dustpuppy

November 19, 2006
Wexford
www.wexford-beetles.com
Hi folks,
If you need machining of cylinder heads, here is a little list of prices:
Blast cleaning 20.-
Boring for bigger cylinders 40.- each chamber (70.- a head)
Planing a chamber 30.- (50.- both)
Planing the top 30.-
Full machinig (Boring, planing, blasting) for a head 100.-

A completely cleaned and bored head looks like this:

head_1.jpg

head_3.jpg

Bored and planed :
head_2.jpg

cheers

Dusty

Last edited:

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Holy sh!t man, Ive been looking everywhere for someone who will do this on the cast iron head on my MG! Would you port and polish it for me? Its a fairly basic head. Ill pay you more for this cause its an inline 4 head so bigger obviously, and its cast iron.

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Thats basically what you can expect. If I thought you would be able to do the job I wouldnt have a problem pulling the head off and bringing it to you but Im not going to do that if you cant do it.

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Well what about just polishing it and not porting it? If you just took the roughness off the combustion chamber I think it would make a fair difference. What do you think? Would it be worth doing?

M

mango

this guy specializes in all types of headwork and comes highly recommended he`s an english man so i reckon he`s plenty of experience of working with mgs 0539134090 he`s in taghmon wexford

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Thanks for that. I gave him a call and had a chat. Certainly something for me to consider down the line, but for now Im spending a lot of money as is and I think the standard head will do the job for a good while yet. The budget doesnt stretch that far just yet.