Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Covid Cruise - Sunday 26th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
fetch

In the absence of VW shows this year I will be organising a Mystery cruise this coming Sunday (26th July)
I have been discussing it with the Kilkenny boys over the last few weeks but only finalised everything over the past few days hence late posting.

Meeting Point - Applegreen, Paulstown, Co. Kilkenny. M9 Exit 7, Jordanstown, R95 R2X6 (This will also be finishing point)
Leaving at 10:30 sharp

Driving time is about 1:30 but with multiple stops for pictures and picnic lunch at halfway point the cruise will take about 4-5 hours.
Note: You will need to be self sufficient for food/drink as there won't be an opportunity to get food en route or at lunch stop.​​​​​​ (toilets are available at lunch stop)
Everyone needs to be responsible for themselves both on the road and while Social Distancing. (I will be strongly encouraging face coverings when out of cars)

* Get fuel before we set off as we can't wait for people to get it on the spin
* CB's will come in handy but not essential (Channel 21)
* For those with very low cars, we will be taking Irish back roads remember so even though the roads aren't bad they're still Irish Back Roads
* When in convoy, the rule is to keep up with the car BEHIND you, not in front. If you lose the car in front, slow down. If each person does this we won't have people getting lost.

Please respect everyone else and maintain Social Distance at both meeting point and each stop.
All welcome!

Attachments

• photo28928.jpg
    photo28928.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Coxy and Mariner
G

"I will be strongly encouraging face coverings when out of cars"

seriously?

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
If someone catches this bug as a result of the cruise I’ll be the one responsible in my mind. I’m not enforcing it, just asking people to have cop on. Look up other similar cruises on YouTube. They just get on with it.

G

You make it sound like not wearing a mask = having no cop on. Besides how will you know if anyone catches the bug on the cruise?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Ah it's strange times we're in and we're all just trying to find our way through them, however that may be.

I'm looking forward to the drive, we've had very little by way of auld VW activity at all this year.
I'll have my mask on board and if the situation calls for it, I'll be wearing it.

It'd be great to see you there Barry, I haven't seen your beetle in the flesh yet.

G

Ah it's strange times we're in and we're all just trying to find our way through them, however that may be.

I'm looking forward to the drive, we've had very little by way of auld VW activity at all this year.
I'll have my mask on board and if the situation calls for it, I'll be wearing it.

It'd be great to see you there Barry, I haven't seen your beetle in the flesh yet.

I wouldn't mind going if the weather is dry, however I don't own a mask nor do I intend buying one. I don't want to me made feel like an outcast for not wearing a mask while out in the fresh countryside air, even the government haven't called for such requirements.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
I wouldn't mind going if the weather is dry, however I don't own a mask nor do I intend buying one. I don't want to me made feel like an outcast for not wearing a mask while out in the fresh countryside air, even the government haven't called for such requirements.

Medical advice has been given recommending people to wear a mask INDOORS.
As you state you don't intend to wear one (and I doubt you haven't been in a shop) I would respectfully ask you not to come on the cruise.
You are exactly the type of person that poses a risk to the rest of us.

Many of us have loved ones with serious health issues and seeing statements like above really boils my piss.

I'm really trying hard to give people a day out after months of lockdown and you're acting like it's all a conspiracy theory.
I would rather you stayed at home.

Reactions: kerrybug
G

Rez;n394620(and I doubt you haven't been in a shop) [/QUOTE said:
Not only are you a hypocritical fucking clown but you accuse me of lying too.

What a fucking idiot. The manufacturers of the masks state they don't protect against the virus.

Reactions: Tim

kerrybug

Club Member
Club Member
January 24, 2019
Ireland
Not only are you a hypocritical fucking clown but you accuse me of lying too.

What a fucking idiot. The manufacturers of the masks state they don't protect against the virus.

That sort of attiude & foul language is not welcome in this forum. The man is trying to organise and event so people can get together and enjoy a run out with their cars, he's doing it off his own back and time and doesn't need your Trump like ramblings. Show some bit of respect for others who have concerns about their health during this pandemic and if you can't just don't bother going to the event.

Reactions: Eugene and Rez
G

That sort of attiude & foul language is not welcome in this forum. The man is trying to organise and event so people can get together and enjoy a run out with their cars, he's doing it off his own back and time and doesn't need your Trump like ramblings. Show some bit of respect for others who have concerns about their health during this pandemic and if you can't just don't bother going to the event.

Who are you Mr 23 posts to tell anyone whats what?

Trump like ramblings orange man bad, wear your mask.

Muppet

G

How many dead from this 'pandemic' get a grip ya fool

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
I've been trying to juggle running my team from home with one eye on on a toddler, a pregnant wife and everything that has happened as a result of the lockdown
Things are currently tough enough for me without being called a "fucking clown" on a public forum.
Kerribug (whom I don't actually know) tried to rationalise the request for people to respect requests of an event co-ordinator. (a free event by the way that I'm gaining nothing from)
You called him a "fool"....... Seriously, what's wrong with you?

I would like to thank you however.
There has been quite a bit of traffic to the forum today to "check out the chap going off on one"
The cruise has gained some publicity and what it has highlighted is the fact that at least the organiser of a meet in the middle of a pandemic is taking attendees safety very seriously.
Government advise is to wear masks indoors. All I did was to "encourage" people to consider wearing them on the day outdoors. If you need to go into any town this week you will see many already wearing masks OUTDOORS without being told to. I won't turn anyone away who isn't wearing one. Just ask for people to respect others.

You come across as someone who HAS to have the final word so,

Over to you pal.............

Reactions: kerrybug
G

I called you a fucking clown for good reason, its all there in the previous posts. Your back tracking shows you've realised what a clown you've been.

Only thing wrong with me is a low tolerance for putting up with bs.

See ya Sunday if weather's dry
​​​​

Status
Not open for further replies.