Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] Cheap daily

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
Hi all,

Im looking for a cheap daily,preferably a golf like Mikey was selling a while back.I think it was a 96 for very small money.Anyone have similar? Have seen a good few on done deal but would prefer to liberate a club member of their space taking vehicle :D
Cheers

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I got wind of a '96 Polo being sold by the wife's uncle. NCT, €600ish, Dublin.

any use?

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
Dunno, want me to find out?

If ya dont mind Trev.Trying to find out if its covered for me to drive a 2nd car on my insurance as im keeping my current one.Surely you dont need a whole new insurance for a 2nd car?

bug eireann

Club Member
Club Member
July 19, 2010
Midlands
Re. Insurance - generally speaking, "yes" you need insurance for each car you drive (although, as Justin said above, you may get a discount - but you still need separate insurance). Any NCD you have on your current insurance applies to the policy you have for ONE car - each car needs to have the NCD built up it, so each policy carries it's own NCD. I've been through this scenario many times (unfortunately!!). At present, I have three cars, and three separate insurance policies (with three different companies!!). Although one company offered me "multi-car insurance" at a (slight) discount, it was such hassle as the dates for renewal don't all fall together, so they expect you to cancel other policies and combine them.

Hope this makes sense!

Graham.