Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] central locking regulator motor

thebogman

Club Member
Club Member
January 11, 2012
co clare
hi,
Been stripping the power lock regulators on the van
got drivers side working but the regulator unit on the passenger side needs a new motor..
if i get this working i might do a tech writeup, an exercise in springs and patience!

anyhow im looking for a replacement for the rusty little motor with the 2 wires attached in top of this pic:

B9186501-29E8-462F-9D9D-6FE520F9D7BD-2588-0000042B2B0BD53E.jpg

I resoldered all the corroded pins in the unit but the little dc motor seems to be dead.

If anyone has a spare motor or junk regulator for parts, from somthing vw/audi of similar era let me know..

Its a late model t25..

cheers,
barry

Last edited:

thebogman

Club Member
Club Member
January 11, 2012
co clare
after a bit more research it looks like the later t4 power lock actuators are a direct replacement..
so anyone breaking any t4s let me know!

probably a better chance of finding them in the scrapyards i reckon

thebogman

Club Member
Club Member
January 11, 2012
co clare
just to close this off, got a replacement motor from a lad that was breaking a t4 on done deal.
I got a tailgate actuator unit off him (3 pin) when I opened it up there were only a couple of bits different from my own door unit(4 pin)

just had to use the 4 pin plug and the popper plastic bit off my old one as that had electrical contacts that the new t4 boot lock was missing.