Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Blue dash high beam bulb

thebogman

Club Member
Club Member
January 11, 2012
co clare
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any spare dash clocks hoarded away and might be prepared to part with a bulb ;)

looking for a 12v blue bulb (the one that tells you if the high beam headlights are on or not)

apparenly blue LEDs weren't invented in the 80's, and having trouble finding a replacement, even maplins didn't have a match.. According to some forums blue LEDs are too bright without hacking resistors in which I want to avoid

cheers,
barry

thebogman

Club Member
Club Member
January 11, 2012
co clare
oh didnt realise brickwerks did em.. suppose thats an option next time im ordering something on there to ease the postage tax!

yea trev i already had it out of the guage to bring it into maplin and they only had mini filament bulbs in 12v nothing with the same kinda sturdy pins you need for the t3 bulb holders on the guage. it is indeed just a bulb with a cap integrated in the guage. tried soldering legs onto one of the maplin bulbs but didnt work out too well for me..