Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Bits'n'Bobs

bug eireann

Club Member
Club Member
July 19, 2010
Midlands
It’s been quite a while since I last checked in here – since Zippy moved on to his new owner I’ve been on the search for a replacement set of wheels, but nothing grabbed my fancy. I feel I’ve done the Beetle thing, and deep down want(ed) a Ghia – but could find nothing suitable (well, not for my budget anyway!!!). Then, out of the blue last week a car turned up that hadn’t been on the horizon at all, though it had a criteria I found hard to resist….. it’s the same age as me, and pretty much an hour after enquiring about the car it was bought. But it belongs to the dark side!!! So as a no longer owner of an aircooled car I’m going to sell on a (very) few bits and bobs I have – mostly books.
  1. Haynes Owner’s Workshop Manual. This is a soft-back copy. It’s the book I kept in the car with me for emergency purposes. It’s generally in very good condition, some slight curling on the cover, and a few minor marks on some pages (well, when there’s oil on your hands it’s hard not to transfer it to the book!). The marks are very small, and in no way interfere with the reading of the book. €9.
Book1.jpg
  1. How to Rebuild Your VW Air-Cooled Engine (Tom Wilson). Pretty much “as new”. It was a present, and rarely opened – soft-cover with no curling and no marks. I never got to the stage of having to use it! €8
Book2.jpg
Book2a.jpg
  1. Haynes Restoration Manual – VW Beetle and Transporter . As above, pretty much “as new”, and again a present and rarely opened – hard-cover with no curling and no marks. Again, I never got to the stage of having to use it! €7
Book3.jpg
Book3a.jpg
  1. How To Keep Your VW Alive – the Compleat Idiot’s Guide. My “bible” – advice from this forum, along with this book, is what kept Zippy on the road! Soft-cover with some curling on the cover and minor marks on some pages – around the 90’s (used a lot when I was working on the carb and setting valves etc.). As above, the marks are very small, and in no way interfere with the reading of the book. €8.
Book4.jpg
  1. A glove box lid – not sure how, or why, I have this! €10
Glove1.jpg
Glove2.jpg
  1. Driver’s side mirror (complete) – with metal arm (not the light, plastic, “modern” versions available). I broke the passenger mirror and bought two cheapo “light, plastic” replacements to replace the one’s on the car – and this is the driver’s one I took off. Glass is good (clear – no marks). The chrome arm is pitted (see photo). €10
Mirror1.jpg

Mirror2.jpg

Mirror3.jpg
Mirror4.jpg
  1. Window winders. Why have I got three? Not much to say about these – three winders. €4 (for them all)
Winders.jpg

If I’m way off on the prices, let me know. I’m trying to pass these on at what (I think) is a fair price. If anyone would like all 4 books I’ll do them for €29 (or close offer) and throw in a copy of The Practical Classics Complete Guide to the VW Beetle (in great condition). Obviously there’s postage to be added to all of the above.

Book5.jpg

Attachments

• Book1.jpg
    Book1.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Book3.jpg
    Book3.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Glove1.jpg
    Glove1.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 82