Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] beetle seats

pmg

Club Member
Club Member
November 12, 2008
limerick/clare
Wanted: Two front seats with three point mountings for a '73 beetle must be good condition. covers not important.
preferably munster region.

broz

Club Member
Club Member
June 8, 2011
glanmire
I have seats but I spoke to Kilbohatescross last week who was looking for similar. He said mine are not 3 point. Can somebody put up pics to educate us/me on the difference?

411 guy

March 14, 2007
co clare
3 point seats used one triangular shaped mounting on the floorpan,which supports the middle of the front of the seatbase.
this type of seat used a lever mounted on the chassis centre tunnell to adjust the seat forwards and backwards. DSC_0070.jpgDSC_0072.jpg
the earlier 2 runner seats were adjusted forwards and backwards with a little lever which is mounted on the seatbase itself,

I have seats but I spoke to Kilbohatescross last week who was looking for similar. He said mine are not 3 point. Can somebody put up pics to educate us/me on the difference?

pmg

Club Member
Club Member
November 12, 2008
limerick/clare
The older type seats have a more or less flat base and back (like the red seat in your pic) compared to the slightly raised sides of your later type seat, nice and all that it would be I will fit older seats for an easy life. Thanks for putting up the pics.

ACK1

Club Member
Club Member
November 19, 2010
cork
I have seats in a 73 out back. covers not great and side plastic cracked on one maybe two, if you need pics I'll post at the weekend