Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

August 6th, 2007 :: Bonniconlon Show

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Just a reminder that this show will be on this Bank Holiday Monday August 6th :)

A real country affair with a bit of everything for all the family. THe cars is only a section of the show :)

Is always a good day out 8)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I won't be there on second thoughts - but hopefully it'll be a good day - gorgeous part of the country.

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Really looking forward to this one now.

We have been for the last 3 or 4 years and it is a grand family day out :)

There is also a show on in Carrick-on-Shannon on Sunday to keep us busy :lol:

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
What a flippin' mudbath!!!

Bit of a crazy day - with some very funny moments :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suzuki..... :lol:

roasting pig...

etcetc

We took 4 vehicles there today.....
had 2 pipes RIPPED from the engine of the camper -
the side chrome trims and rear "karmann ghia" script badge nearly ripped from the ghia
the black bug hijacked by teenage girls :shock:
Herbie abused by little girls who liked to twist his mirrors and any other bits they could grab

one word....FARMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no offence to any veedubbing FARMERS out there

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I arrived at this after a nice damp weekends camping and after driving about 300 miles. The dude at the entrance told me to go and park in the carpark. I told him I was an exhibitor and he asked me what i was exhibiting. I told him about the 40 sheep in the boot and he eventually let me in.

It was a very funny show - there must have been 10,000 farmers there and the best food on offer was hot dogs and chips. Says a lot about Irish agriculture. There was a teacup ride with duct tape holding the teacups together and a big traffic cone over the motor - all very Fr. Ted. The music was all country and western and most of the women were wearing wellies underneath their size 28 Dunnes dresses as they tried to win best dressed lady.

In the meantime I had parked beside the field where "The Amazing Wilf" was trying to make his JCB dance to "Rock Around the Clock". This got all the farmers really excited and they were practically mounting Wanda to get a closer look.

It was a good auld laugh, but once was enough - I won't be there next year!!!

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
A guy from work was at a punk festival in Leitrim!!!!!! and the place turned into a mud bath as well. He managed to get his foot stuck in the mud and twisted his ankle and lost two toe nails and can't walk now. All the car sunk in the mud and the local farmers charged €10 per car to pull them out with their tractors, it thick some people lost bumpers in the process.

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Derek had a big crowd gathering around his 2CV..

pix001-2.jpg

pix002-2.jpg

pix004-2.jpg

pix005-1.jpg