Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] AS41 1600 crankcase + internals

G

have a very nice AS41 crankcase, it`s an AS code case so would suit a bug or bus. it came with a vw recycled motor and i believe they used a new case for the rebuild. it has the factory recycled stamp and a short engine number.
it`s standard, ie hasn`t been align bored and the bearing saddles are perfect. included are a perfect set of 1600 barrels and pistons, they`re the dished type suitable for a type 2 engine. also included is the original cam which i think was new when rebuilt and still looks brand new, also have the lifters and push rods. also have the original crank, flywheel and rods. the original 8mm studs are still in the case and are tight in the case savers

all stuff is marked in respect of they`re original locations so it can be put back together as original.

crank has light scratches so would recommend a regrind , i can have this done for additional money.

needs new bearings both mains and big ends.

all you`ll need to rebuild this to good as new are : heads, bearings and oil pump

EDIT

after speaking to a couple of people i`ve come to the conclusion that i may have priced this lot a little high if i want to sell it ;) it`s basically a bunch of parts that will need reassembling. personally unless i was buying a rebuilt motor from a trusted builder then i`d prefer to buy an engine un-assembled as you can check out the condition of all the components instead of taking a chance on an unknown complete engine. however i realise that not everyone wants to get involved in sticking an engine back together so i`ve adjusted the price to cater for someone looking for a cheap starter pack to get spannering on ;)

this is perfect opportunity for someone who wants to learn about rebuilding a vw motor, all the parts are cleaned and apart from a crank regrind and some bearings and new oil pump it`s ready to go back together.

so i`m asking 250 for everything

crank regrind is approx 100. new bearings are approx 70. new oil pump is approx 40. so you can have a freshly built long block less cylinder heads for 460 + you get to do the work yourself and learn something in the process :D

Last edited:

murfman53

Club Member
Club Member
September 3, 2009
Tullamore
I couldn't agree with more. Very pleased with my purchase. And Barry was a gent to deal with. Great day all round.
Remember Tim, when I do get around to it...............Your'll make a fortune renting out your torque wrench!!!

John.

G

I couldn't agree with more. Very pleased with my purchase. And Barry was a gent to deal with. Great day all round.
Remember Tim, when I do get around to it...............Your'll make a fortune renting out your torque wrench!!!

John.

pleasure to meet you and your dad today john. thanks for help too ;)

@tim just make sure those tools are insured if you`re loaning them out to anyone`:p

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
pleasure to meet you and your dad today john. thanks for help too ;)

@tim just make sure those tools are insured if you`re loaning them out to anyone`:p

Will do,

And next time I,m buying a jigsaw, I,ll be buying one off you. Your engine had less parts, and all the pieces were numbered,

I cant find a single number on the bits trev sold me:p