Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

April 4-6th 2008 - Joint Eircooled/T2i Meet

ex-2cv-er

November 3, 2006
Tipp North
www.type2ireland.org
Dates: we're booked in from 4th to 6th April '08

Venue: Glebe Caravan Park, Clonmacnoise, Co. Offaly

Some more details from the campsite owners:

Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your enquiry. Yes we would be able to accomodate you on the 5th. & 6th April 2008.

As you would be probably in excess of ten vans I could give you my group rate of 10euro per unit per night inclusive of occupants plus 2 euro per night extra for those who require electricity. Showers are free.

We are only a small site and as such would have 15 electricity hook ups maximum and 15 hard stands.
I promised the campsite some numbers, so can you please add your name to the list if you're coming. Oh and, to save confusing me (easily done! ) please add yourself to only *one* attendance list...so either here or on T2i, not both Ta muchly

Looking forward to a great weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Wow this is shaping up to be a big one! Theres not much interest on T2I either. What is it? The time of year or just that people couldnt be bothered? Come on folks, this could be a good meet!

ex-2cv-er

November 3, 2006
Tipp North
www.type2ireland.org
Absolutely love the flyer you've done for this! Well done to whomever did this up!

Wonder if we can get a few stickers done up?

picture.php

A small meets is just grand Ross, don't fret pet....we'll all have more time to chat to each other

And remember, from small acorns....

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Ill see how my carbs fair out during the week. I rebuilt them (SU carbs are very interesting bits of kit) but there was problems. The needles are both different in each carb meaning theyre a bugger to balance and the car wont run smoothly. I also cant get it to idle below 1600rpm. I think thats cause the poppet valve in the butterfly has a weak spring. Ill take a look at it anyway and see what I can do to sort it out (solder it shut probably). Ultimately Im going to get a new set of carbs. Theyre not mad money and Ill have nothing but headaches from the ones I have.

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Thats the problem. I cant get them anywhere near the same, and if I do the engine is revving at 3000rpm. I cant get the mixture right either. Now if I solder the poppet valve in the butterfly closed it will idle for me, so maybe I'll be able to get the mixture close but its a waste of time ultimately to spend much time on those carbs given that theyre not a matched pair. The fact that there's an extra hour of light in the evening now will mean Ill have more time to sort them out though.

T

The Prodigy

Due to photo-shoot with hot chick I can't make this now. Can we re-schedule as it seems most people are struggling to make this weekend?