Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] anyone interested in a 1.9 tdi full engine and loom for a van conversion

thebogman

Club Member
Club Member
January 11, 2012
co clare
Hi Lads,
My 02 passat (110bhp pd engine) lost an argument with an articulated truck last week in traffic and the back end got squished.
Been written off but the 3rd parties Insurance company have come back to me today and asked me if I want the car back to salvage.

Anyhow im considering breaking it myself, spare shed space available at the moment. I just put 300 quids worth of suspendsion grear into it and theres a load of electrical stuff on it thats easy to shift. I need to get back to them tomorrow but it will hang on being able to shift the engine quick so I can strip it and weigh it in quickly and get my claim paid.

Theres high milage on it but I know the engine is 100% as ive been driving it and servicing it for the last 50k miles. It had a timing belt done in the vw dealers a couple of months ago at 200k and theres 206k on it now. gearbox perfect. had a damn fresh nct and all :(

anyhow PM me if anyone is interested in the engine and gearbox and required bits PM me quick, might let it off to the salvage company to save the hassel if noone is interested

thebogman

Club Member
Club Member
January 11, 2012
co clare
should have car today. stripping some parts this weekend. engine ecu and loom provisionally sold but gearbox still available. 5 speed €300
all other bits available

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
Cheers thebogman, gentleman to deal with , very happy, i'm sure it will fit nicely in it's new home over the Xmas :)

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
Nice one , ill take the manifold off so for a look , the engine is sitting nicely in the van now , just a bit of plumbing to do and I'm set

thebogman

Club Member
Club Member
January 11, 2012
co clare
hi folks,
the old girl is gone to the big motorway in the sky. crushed and baled wahoo.

the five speed box is still there if anyonw wants it

Photo%2009-02-2014%2015%2034%2015.jpg

Dropping it to €250, or nearby friendly offers from any eircooler looking to tdi a van..

barry