Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

56 Oval project for sale

Pete McC

Well after about 6 years of ownership and my inability to even get round to starting it, I've decided enough is enough and this wee car deserves better. it's a 56 shell from Sweden (so it's a Left Hand Drive) on a 71 floorpan so it has a balljoint beam and such, It's been converted to 12v. Interior is original but needs re-upholstered. the bodywork isn't the worst either although it's scrappy looking, if you're into rat look it would be great as is! If not wings could be replaced or repaired, rear quarters need the usual bottom bit and the doors could do with some work along the bottoms, heater channels are gone at the back and the rear bumper mounts need done. basically nothing out of the ordinary on any beetle resto. the gutters are A1 which is great, generally the body is sound apart from where I've mentioned, there are two brand new floor pans fitted too.
Now the good news. I've been collecting bits in the time I've owned it in preparation for the work to begin. so I'll be selling them along with it. I have (if I can recall them all!)
A spare 1300 Twin port engine (the one in the car is seized)
A woodslat roofrack, original german one, not repro
Porsche fluted headlamps
Bullet indicators for the front wings with the mounts cut out of a splitty for welding in
The car is sitting on it's stock wheels and also has two 356 porsche wheels if you fancy the wide/skinny look
Semaphore indicators to replace the micky mouse ear versions that came on the swedish models, but I'll be throwing both in.
Fully rechromed passenger side quarter light frame, it looks new and cost me £30. the one on it is a bit tatty, but the other side is ok.
there's other bits like spare door handles and new window scrapers, whitewall flaps, bud vase, a cream knob radio to fill the hole in the dash, don't think it works though.
This obviously was destined to be a resto cal style car for me, but realistically I don't think I'll ever have the time to do it so if anyone is interested in it, let me know.
It has never been registered in this country and I have the swedish tax book it came with. (1956 Chassis has just been acquired with UK V5 though) it doesn't drive, and the steering isn't connected, so it will need trailered away.
If you're genuinely interested in it then I'm open to offers around £1700 for the car, 56 chassis and all it's extras. I'll take less without the bits, it wouldn't take a lot to make this really sweet.
If you're just wanting to kick tyres and make stupid offers don't bother, it's not costing me anything so I'm not rushed to sell it.
genuine viewers can call me on +44 77 866 866 19 or email p.mccarter(at)freeuk.com.
2408177372a2515908497b732553634l.jpg

PICT0543.jpg

The Sept 55 Chassis (56 model year) with UK V5 that is now going with the car
DSC01753.jpg

Last edited:
M

mango

that looks like an og paint oval , once the nasty red paint is removed that is , can`t believe it hasn`t sold either

oldspeedvws

Club Member
Club Member
January 22, 2007
Carrigaline, Co Cork
www.oldspeedvws.com
or you could give it the love it deserves and restore it!!

Just winding you up. It seems a nice car and would be good for someone that wants to run modified running gear. If you add the money for the 1956 pan it still is not utterly expensive, but not a bargain.

Maybe if there were more pictures (interior, under the bonnet, aprons etc) there would be a bit more interest in the car.

Pete McC

Anyone wants pics I can take them no probs, the car was originally dark green so it's not OG paint before anyone gets the wrong idea. definitely needs painted though, it's as dull as anything and by the time the repairs get done it'll need painted anyway. I've had a couple of people interested but nobody seems to be able to scrape together the cash this time of year. not to worry. it's not going anywhere, lke I said, the price is negotiable depending on what stuff goes with it, like if the buyer didn't want the BRMs for example or the roof rack..

Pete McC

Headliner is done, someone painted back in the dark ages and it's like a desert floor now. I have no way of delivering it, it'll be up to the buyer to borrow a transporter.
I'm thinking it may be easier to shift if I just sold off the stuff like wheels and interior and let the car go for less on its own. Seems nobody has the cash for this.

buggyboyshane

Club Member
Club Member
November 5, 2007
up north :)
guys......... if you have seen deckies oval.... this is nearly same league.... i sold deckie the oval and he worked hard to get on the road.... this is the same sorta thing..

this is too good for a resto, couple spots welding underneath and some mechanicals and itll drive no bother!!

this is a complete car... interior .... under bonnet etc.... sur eit needs a touch of welding but honestly guys this could be an awesome rat looker.... as for painting, its not needed, most areas can be blown in.

theres a couple of dings and lots of character... but this is one solid oval. the interior is a delight.... headliner spot on... one bit torn at the back, but its actually more like the stitching came apart so can be tidied up easily. the seats are a bit worn in the side bolster but a really really good car. plus pete has all bits for it too, things like back indicator and headlamps etc are there, even original back blade bumpers, im gonna throw up pics of interior.... you'll be seriously shocked!!

anyone looking a rat looker!!???

and best bit ..... number plate is MFO (then three numbers) mofo!!!!