Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] 2276cc stroker motor for sale

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
you all know the build by now.

spec
type 3 case as41 decked and bored, 8mm stud conversion oil galleries tapped and plugged for cleaning.
deep sump.
82mm welded vw crank dynamically balanced.
porsche 356 rods with helically grooved small ends balanced weighted and treated.
new ks rod bearings
new mahle steel backed main bearings
mahle 94mm cylinders and pistons
teflon buttons
new rings
new engle fk8 camshaft 280 deg duration 0.382" lift 108 degree lobe centres. new mahle double thrust cam bearings.
New cb performance straight cut gears.
autocraft needle style 1.4-1 rockers
empi copy of cb's cnc roundport head, 40 x 35.5 valves dual sprung hardened collets + lash caps. 58cc chambers standard plugs.
lightened flyweel, scat hd 38mm gland nut.
kennedy stage 2 plate with new kush loc friction disk.
german oil seal
hd pump 28mm gears
scat lube a lobe lifters
cromoly pushrods
full flowed
press in sand seal with s/s pulley.
motor has 46 thou deck and compression is set at 9.6-1 (static)

engine has been broken in properly and is now run in 600 miles on it, only millers performance oil has been used at a cost of £90 for the 3 oil changes its had up to now.

dyno'd last week on a dyno dynamics chassis dyno.
flywheel horsepower.
IMG_4001.jpg

graph and figures do not do the motor justice, pulls like a steam train, extremely streetable.

test pilots welcome.
IMG_1126.jpg

right money time.

longblock only £2750.

may do a deal on a partial turnkey which would include a1 sidewinder exhaust, 44idf carbs and manifolds, 009 distributor with petronix and flamethrower coil oil cooler, no leads tinware or alternator.

£3500

Last edited:

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
also for sale seperately brand new (had bearings trial fitted) cb 4340 84mm chevy journal crank. £300

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
I'll be the first to put up one of those annoying posts and say "if I had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat".. Good luck man. Looking forward to seeing what's next...

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
ooh er

ooh er

what u got up your sleeve for next time?
this is what impatience doesnt get me...
deckie,mayb the cu wanted to give u more cash than u asked for?
old habits die hard...
good luck with sale ben.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
nothing up my sleeve as of yet, have plans but nothing is happening till i sell this, having thought about this today i will sell the whole thing TURN KEY up to the remote filter but not the external cooler or thermostat for 3.5k all you need is a fuel pump and i would advise secondary oil cooler and thermostat.

it was always my plan to rebuild the motor use it for the summer and sell it at the end of the year, well i didnt get it finished in time for the summer so i may as well stick it up for sale now.

my number 07793 744879.