Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] 1978 T2 type VW Campervan for sale

Alison Stewart

Club Member
Club Member
June 20, 2009
Balbriggan
1978 T2 type VW Camper for sale

Needs a loving home..... Van VW 1.jpgVan VW 2.jpg

New engine bloc, restored body, new battery. The interior lining and some cupboards have been removed. Extras include new wooden interior door handles. Curtain railings included but not fitted. Needs a starter motor. Interior needs work. No NCT. Low tax.

Cost 6000euros. Open to offers.

Sorry to let it go but recession forces sale.

contact artalis@hotmail.com
to arrange a view.

Located in North County Dublin. ZV plate.

Alison Stewart

Club Member
Club Member
June 20, 2009
Balbriggan
Hi Beetlebug. Here are afew interior pics. It would be better to view however. She is conveniently located at Balbriggan-off the M1.
Basically, we removed the DIY cupboards as some of them were too big. We also removed the brown flowery fabric from the interior panels. What is left is the R&R bed, with plenty of spare cushions, a sink unit and sink, a fridge cupboard ( no fridge ), laminate floor, new curtain rail (not fitted), the cab area has 2 seats, carpets, left hand drive, new wood/steel door handles. There is no interior head lining in the cab area, no rear seat belts. The right side door needs a new hinge and window seal. She needs a new starter motor.

That is a full rundown as much as I know of what interior cosmetic work needs to be done to bring her to her fully restored potential. I do want to sell because we do not have the resources to finish, so no reasonable offer will be refused. Contact artalis@hotmail.com if you are interested.
VW Interior 7.jpgVW Interior 6.jpgVW Interior 4.jpgVW Interior 2.jpg

A log is available detailing the exterior work that was carried out when we bought her 2 yrs ago eg new engine bloc, panels, paint. It also has a new battery. We bought her from this website originally :). I still have the original restoration photos that were taken around 4 yrs ago ( exterior work mainly) if you would like to email me , I can forward these.
This would be an easy cosmetic project in the right hands and could be ready for use this summer.

cheers

artalis

Alison Stewart

Club Member
Club Member
June 20, 2009
Balbriggan
Hi Roadcow,
That's right! Owen sold it to us 2 yrs ago. It is now a ZV black/silver reg. plate and in need of a new home, sadly, due to circumstances! It is basically as good as it was when we bought it in 2009.

Rare high top! In good hands she will fulfill her potential and be ready for the road this summer.

artalis

Last edited: