Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

1977 beetle with extras , floor , bulkhead very good 1600 ovno

Blankcanvas

November 9, 2009
CORK
single piece rubbers all round,
doors very good,
some rust bubbles on upper body,
new roof lining (cost about 500 euro fitted)
underneath very good, no question it was restored at some point
adjustable trailing arms,
empis in picture are not going with car , but will give a set needing refurb .
seats are not stock , look like old cosworth to me or RS
bonnets rusty (new bonnet goes with car) spare wheel well is not
in the pictures you will see brown that looks like rust , its not ....its the glue / underlay from carpet when i took them back to have a look.

over one of the better ones i have seen and very little to bring it right.

the best thing is to email me for phone number to arrange a look , the car is in ballincollig cork
front disc conversion was done very recently

vw-1977-beetle-yellow-375x500.jpg

vw-1977-beetle-yellow-2-500x375.jpg

vw-1977-beetle-yellow-3-500x375.jpg

vw-1977-beetle-yellow-4-500x375.jpg

vw-1977-beetle-yellow-5-500x375.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Just wondering - did this bug live for a while behind a cottage near Middleton with a beach buggy and another blue beetle? Just curious...

Blankcanvas

November 9, 2009
CORK
@kvinyl ,it did indeed ,if you knew the beetle you would have known the money spent on it,in fairness to previous owner .

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
@kvinyl ,it did indeed ,if you knew the beetle you would have known the money spent on it,in fairness to previous owner .

Yep, thats the one, didn't think there were too many about with air suspension :)
Don't know the car too well or indeed the previous owner but it did look well when I had a good look over a while back. Incidentally, I subsequently owned the blue bug that was parked alongside and it's now owned by beetlebug on here...small world...

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I remember talking to Damian who owned the blue bug (ex Padraig, ex Shane, ex Tanya, now Liams) and he mentioned at the time that he had a bug with hydraulic front suspension. I never saw the bug in question, I'm surprised that it has now turned up!
It must have been 1999 or 2000 when I spoke to him, long time ago now. So did Humphrey work on this bug too?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
VW Mexico one, it's got the bulge for the catalytic convertor exhaust. They come with only one tailpipe cutout, you have to cut the other one yourself if you want it...

21-2-04-rearapron1.jpg

21-2-04-rearapron2.jpg

Blankcanvas

November 9, 2009
CORK
yep thats the one,i've taken the suspension kit out and is now for sale on its own now. this has been converted back to normal front beam.with discs