Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

1972 Bay window sale

JohnBeasley

February 23, 2023
Hi all.
Iv been slightly out of the vw scene the last few years and really dont want to be dealing with tyre kickers on donedeal and due to a range of different personal circumstances, the bus was being neglected.
Its a '72 crossover bay, RHD

Its the original westfalia interior, including original fridge, . Full resto about 7 maybe 8 years back, with Jon White from Vwspaires.ie 1.6 engine bored out to 1778 built by Caddy up the north automated extinguisher system in engine bay, leisure battery fitted for the radio/interior light, two seat belts fitted in the rear. Have the original cot bed for the front , I have the parts to make a double bed in the roof, I think the kit was the bones of €300 but never fitted it

I also have a thing got called a kombi cabin (https://kombikabins.com/products/kombi-kabins) for the back door for extra space but again, never got the sheet of wood cut for it. Again I think it was the bones of €300 for that landed. The indicator switch is acting up but I left the repacement in it, I just never fitted it. Again, about €25 on that.

I have a smeg sink/two hob bought for it, the '72 interior never had the interior hob so we use to always carry a camping one and I bought this thinking it would save me space but I never brought myself to do it. I had always been VERY slow to make any adjustments to the interior part of me just felt it wasnt right when it was there so long and there was so few of them left.

Shes driving but the drivers side caliper is sticking a bit.
Im looking for in the region of €17,000

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-06 at 6.36.28 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-06 at 6.36.28 PM.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 171
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-06 at 6.35.35 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-06 at 6.35.35 PM.jpeg
    489.1 KB · Views: 167
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-09-06 at 6.35.36 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-06 at 6.35.36 PM (1).jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 160

JohnBeasley

February 23, 2023
I think iv owned it about 15 years.
Being honest there’s shamefully little miles gone on the last few years. I doubt even 5k

Reactions: Tim

Cianmini1

September 6, 2017
Hi John, is this still for sale? Would be interested in having a chat if that’s possible.
Thanks