Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] 1970 tintop westfailia bay window camper

gary g

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Letterkenny, Donegal
The Yankbus is for sale.
Imported in 2013 from San Jose California, i think i'm the fourth owner from new.
i'll attach the original for sale link here so you can see the background.
in my short ownership i've rustproofed underneath, taken out the interior and waxoyled the panels, lowered the suspension on transporterhaus dropped spindles on the front and two outer splines at the back (ride is like stock comfort)
Any rust was all cut out and new metal welded in, both battery trays, one bottom corner, short sill, front doorstep, wee patches on the cab floor, few dents popped our and taken care off. respray in original Lotus white.
new ball joints, new track rods, new track rod ends, new steering damper, new master brake cylinder, new brake cylinders at each corner, new brake shoes all around.
new tail lights and rewired
new floor inside, chequred vinyl finish, new retrimmed interior front and back, new curtains custom made, new door cards all around ( the front door cards are original and perfect). new door seals all around, new front window rubber (vw). Stock original wheels sandblasted and sprayed black.New tyres all around
original 3 bow roof rack taken apart and restored, new wood covered in yaught varnish.
Bumpers are original to the van and left with its 45 years of dents and scrapes.

Van is running sweet and fantastic to drive. it has never let me down, every mile was with a smile!!
there may be more i'm leaving out but ill add it in as i remember to do so.
i also have the original sink and fridge unit, i took it out as i use this as a day van more than a camper and wanted the extra space with it out, but it is included in the sale.
during the respray i lost the wee roof vent for the fridge and haven't managed to locate another one yet...

any questions and calls are welcomed, van is located in Donegal, and i hope to be at Dubshed on the Sunday.
obviously, like us all, i've put more money into this than the asking price, but at 12500 Euros ono, i don't think its a greedy price, and i'm loosing plenty at that. if anyone has a T5 crew cab they fancy a trade thats what i'm after...
thanks for looking,
Gary G.

Attachments

• DSC_0306.jpg
    DSC_0306.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0315.jpg
    DSC_0315.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0314.jpg
    DSC_0314.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0313.jpg
    DSC_0313.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0316.jpg
    DSC_0316.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • DSC_0317.jpg
    DSC_0317.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0307.jpg
    DSC_0307.jpg
    954 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0309.jpg
    DSC_0309.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_0310[1].jpg
    DSC_0310[1].jpg
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_0311[1].jpg
    DSC_0311[1].jpg
    962.9 KB · Views: 85

gary g

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Letterkenny, Donegal
sold.
in many vintage vw adds the seller would post 'reluctant sale' or 'just putting the feelers out' type thing, which is fine and dandy, but not really what a buyer wants to be reading, which is why i didn't put that in my add. a vehicle is either for sale or its not.
that being said, i've never been so 50 50 about selling a vehicle in my life, i have my own reasons for selling, but to be honest, it wasn't a decision i made overnight, as i put alot of time and effort into this van and when doing it this van was going to be my keeper. (this is why its not a 100% perfect van, i had it the way i wanted it for my own use).
the first time i saw the van being driven by anyone else was when it was leaving my driveway by the new owner. truth being told if i had caught him by the time he reached the end of my road i'd probably have just given him his money back. head over heart decisions are never easy.
the van didn't go to far all the same, and the new owner was a pleasure to deal with, i know its gone to a great home and still within the club to very well respected folk. thanks for other interested parties pm's, i hope ye get sorted with vans soon.

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Dude, Its never easy letting them go.....

But you can be sure there is always another great bus around the corner...Enjoy the hunt for your new one....fill her with family & outdoor gear and get back on the open road.

Nice to hear the van has stayed within the club and went to a great home! That's a bonus.

I would say the new owners are delighted with the YankBus. Very delighted indeed, she is a great bus.

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
And the new owners are......Yes you guessed it.

Myself and Stewart could not resist another bus so close by with a great history and a passionate previous owner.

We are delighted with the bus, she has gone to a good home Gary....
No more flipping coins for the splitty keys...lol.

Well Boy

Club Member
Club Member
July 12, 2014
Waterford
Ah I'm only joking Britt, I drove the van to work a couple of mornings last week, quarter to six and the windscreen covered in ice and she started without bother ;)