Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] 1958 Split panel Van

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
Due to a recent accident I had in the daily, I can no longer drive. (or at least not for the near future). So I have decided to put this Panel Van up for sale.

This Van is pretty solid apart from a few rust bubbles on the bottom of the front nose and a couple of small patches under the cab floor. The back cargo floor is solid.

It it needs a set of handbrake cables and the clutch can be a bit stiff to return, but apart from that it drives perfect.

It has a 1600 engine with twin carbs, but still has the reduction box transmission though.

At some point in it's life it appears to have had it's rear arches cut out and new ones welded in. The paint on the replacement arches is not an exact match but is passable.

This van could be restored, or driven as is.

Price €19,500. The van is in Laois.

Phone: (083)4527507.

Last edited:

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
I am ok Trev thanks, but not being able to drive is a big set back.

I'll leave this van on here until next Sunday and if it doesn't sell, then I will put it on Donedeal and maybe on The Samba aswell.

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork
Thats a nice tidy van PJ, & narrowed front beam too. Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Good luck with the sale.

oldspeedvws

Club Member
Club Member
January 22, 2007
Carrigaline, Co Cork
www.oldspeedvws.com
Anyone has any experience in what paperwork PJ or myself should complete for the export of this van out of Ireland? Or is it enough for me to have the Irish tax book and a receipt? I.e. does Ireland have something like a Cert Of Permanent Export like the UK has?

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Anyone has any experience in what paperwork PJ or myself should complete for the export of this van out of Ireland? Or is it enough for me to have the Irish tax book and a receipt? I.e. does Ireland have something like a Cert Of Permanent Export like the UK has?

AFAIK you import it as opposed to PJ exporting. You need to check what's required on your end.