Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

1957 Oval & 1965 Project - For Sale

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I need to update my daily driver (it died :roll: ) so I think I'm going to have to sell a few cars to fund the new car. I don't want to but needs be eh?

1957 Oval

The Oval is a '57 and is great fun to drive. It's got line loc fitted allowing burnouts :lol:
The engine is an 1835cc and has just been tuned by Martin Murray. It's not a show car but that means you can have fun and you don't have to worry about a few scrapes!
It's also got a set or rare Volmac recling seats fitted. These are rare 50's accessories.

Spec:

Engine.
AS41 dual relief case, full flow.
92mm Barrels and pistons
VW 040 heads, semi hemi 3 angle valve job, ported and polished, single springs.
Weber 40 IDFs with CSP linkage.
VW forged F-type crank, balanced and 8 dowelled
Balanced and match weighted VW rods.
Engle 110 camshaft.
Engle lightweight lifters.
Chromoly pushrods.
VW 1.1:1 rocker arms with Porsche style swivel feet adjusters.
VW lightened, balanced and 8 dowelled flywheel.
Gene Berg gland nut.
Shadek 26mm oil pump.
VDO dual oil pressure sender.
Bosch 009 with Pertronix.
1 3/8" 4 into 1 header.

Bottom end assembled by Tony Royston @ Microgiant.
All components balanced and then dynamically balanced together.
Pistons balanced to within 1g.
Deck height set at .040 thou.
Combustion chamber size = 58cc.
Compression ratio 8.1:1

I don't have any dyno info for it but it is somwhere in the region of 100bhp.

Ran 14.73 in Betelgeuse and 15.9 in the oval at BugJam '04.

It has roughly 8k miles up on it.

New 4" narrowed adjustable beam with new tie rods, and inner tie rod ends.
New rear hub seals, brake backing plates, shoes and cylinders.
New spring plate covers with new outer rubbers.

New head lamp dipswitch, new battery, new TMI door cards,
carbs have new mixture and bypass screws, new needle valves, new CSP linkage.

It needs link pins to be sorted as they are worn and will the drivers channel around the closing panel in the future.

IMG_0137.jpg

[/img]
IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Seat recliners:
[/img]
IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

I may sell it without the engine as I think my GT deserves a nice bit of power :lol:

1965 Beetle Deluxe:

I bought this car from the 2nd owner in 97 and stripped it for resto but as I was about to head off on my travels so after rubbing down the body to remove paint I had to cover it before putting it into storage so we sprayed it in it's original black.........just to protect it so there's rust to sort out under the paint.
The car is a low mileage one and this can be verified by the last owner. She bought it from the 1st owner who traded it in for a 'modern' 12 volt Beetle with a bigger engine......aparently, she couldn't handle the HUGE power of her new Beetle and she crashed it!
Angela used it once a week to travel to the train station in Roscrea from her pub in Knock, just about 20 miles from Roscrea, to collect a keg of Guinness.
She had a few repairs done over the years but overall it's a nice original car.
There is the original dealer sticker on the dash. It says that it was bought from Glebe View Motors in Roscrea and the phone number was 76 :lol:

I was hoping to restart the resto this year but I don't think I'll get to do anything to it unfortunately. It's been in storage for at least 9yrs so it hasn't gotten any worse.
Not too many genuine Irish 6volt cars around anymore so this should make a nice classic.
These are the only pics I have to hand as the car is locked into the shed which is about 30 miles from me :roll:
[/img]
D1000009.jpg

D1000008.jpg

[/img]
D1000004.jpg

D1000003.jpg

[/img]
D1000002.jpg

D1000001.jpg

Pricewise on both cars I'm not too sure but I suppose for the oval I'd be looking for ?6k as is. The 65 will be about ?1,500

Hopefully if the bank manager is in a good mood this week I won't have to sell either of these :D [/img]

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Re: 65 Beetle, it comes with a new set of 6 volt wings, the original red & white interior, original keys and new 'old style' reg plates - black background with raised siler digits. Reg number GFI 522
Engine lid and bonnet are perfect.....the last time I saw them anyway :lol:
I have everything in boxes from the strip down - all lights, switches, handles, glass etc. This was a complete car so I have everything that it came with.

Brosna

Club Member
Club Member
November 1, 2007
North Tipp
Hi coxy,
Im the guy in Roscrea who bought the red 69 sunroof beetle from you during the summer. I loved reading the history of the Delux beetle, you have it spot on, I live near knock and know angela, she had beetles for as long as i can remember. She recently stopped the traffic in main street 1 saturday evening to admire my beetle! The garage "Glebe Vew motors" is Spooners Garage, Main VW Audi Dealers.
Sorry to hear about your daily driver and best of luck with the sale of your cars

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Brosna said:
Hi coxy,
Im the guy in Roscrea who bought the red 69 sunroof beetle from you during the summer. I loved reading the history of the Delux beetle, you have it spot on, I live near knock and know angela, she had beetles for as long as i can remember. She recently stopped the traffic in main street 1 saturday evening to admire my beetle! The garage "Glebe Vew motors" is Spooners Garage, Main VW Audi Dealers.
Sorry to hear about your daily driver and best of luck with the sale of your cars

Hey mate, how's the red Beetle going? I loved that car. It looks great in red.
That's funny you meeting Angela. You should tell her you bought it from me but don't tell her that her 65 is still in a shed and not done or she'll kill me!
She loved that car and the only reason she stopped driving it was her children needed to learn how to drive and she knew they would wreck it. Some guy wanted to buy it and cal-look it and she was having none of it. He was going to dechrome it and change the colour etc and that would have pissed her off!

Brosna

Club Member
Club Member
November 1, 2007
North Tipp
Hi Coxy,
The beetle is going like a clock, enough about my beetle, back to the main topic, you've got beetles to sell!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I'm going to pull the 65 from the market as I won't get much for it and if I go looking for another one later I'll end up paying more than I can sell it for.
After holding onto it for this long I might as well see it through!