Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] 1600 bus engine

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
Has anyone got a good 1600 engine for a late bay for sale.I'm just putting this out there because I'm in two minds whether to rebuild an engine I have or try a another one to speed up getting the van moving under its own steam.
cheers.
mick.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Has anyone got a good 1600 engine for a late bay for sale.I'm just putting this out there because I'm in two minds whether to rebuild an engine I have or try a another one to speed up getting the van moving under its own steam.
cheers.
mick.

Speak to Caddy, im pretty sure he has rebuilt engines in stock and ready to go. Failing that get him to look at yours :)

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
Cheers Ben,Im sort of thinking of a turn key engine to get the van running in the next week or so but I do plan to give caddy a shout before I make me mind up.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Mick, did you get sorted yet - If you’re not too fussy and don't want a fully rebuilt engine at the moment I’d say someone has a 1600 in their garage.

Specially with diesel conversions being the rage at the moment.

shifty

Eircooled Club Chairman
Club Member
March 21, 2012
Dublin 22
That's exactly what I'm looking for mikey,just something that I can trow straight in and drive for the moment while I make me mind up about what size to rebuild me own.ive only got about €400 to spend on it so a rebuilt unit is outa the price range.ive borrowed Brian's engine so should motoring soon and on the plus side I've just realised that I have a 6 rib box in the van so should be able to trow in one of my 2lt type fours into it...:)