Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] 12v Alternator & Regulator - Emergency

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
A friends daughter is getting married next weekend and the Karmann Ghia she has for the day needs a regulator and an alternator.

Anyone out there got one for sale or even on loan for the weekend? Preferably any one down south so there's a chance of collecting it over the next day or so.

Thanks
Kieran

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
What happened the existing alternator?
I've just dug these out of my loft. I honestly don't know if the dynamo works as I pulled it off an old engine. If it does you can have it FOC. The regulator is good (cause i marked it "good":D) but as it's a spare for my beetle that's just a loaner.
IMG_0138_zps0cd4a3bf.jpg

I don't have any brushes so you might need to source these.

If you can't get an alternator I'm sure these might get you out of a jam.
Alternatively, why don't you pull the one off the POS? Is it 12V?

broz

Club Member
Club Member
June 8, 2011
glanmire
i probably have one kieran, if you want to call with the old one, we can match one to suit you best, just to be sure, I wouldnt know what ide be looking for.

Last edited:

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Thanks for that guy's.

I just remembered where I can get a regulator locally.

Rez - The POS does have a 12v but it's a dynamo and I didn't really want to take it apart if I didn't have to. I'll give you a shout if I need your alternator. Thanks for the kind offer.

Broz - I might give you a call this evening.

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Thanks to Dermott (Broz) for sorting us out with some parts. KG now up and running by it's owner and ready for the big day!