Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com

Attachments

• 8678BAE5-3AE2-4724-AC57-BA96B8AC6EA1.png
    8678BAE5-3AE2-4724-AC57-BA96B8AC6EA1.png
    880.2 KB · Views: 84

darren

Club Member
Club Member
January 21, 2007
Kildare
Hi Gerry,

The '64 is now part of the family here... It's still the same as before just needing a bit of tlc in a few small areas...
I helped a previous owner in the purchase of the car and then it was sold to it's last owner and I hadn't seen it around it a while, until advertised... The rest is history :)

It featured in Total VW magazine 2002 issue 42 (which I don't seem to have in my collection!?) and guess you brought in from the UK?

Hope to get it back into the show scene...

Cheers

Reactions: gerryjunior

gerryjunior

Club Member
Club Member
April 17, 2011
tipperary
Hi Gerry,

The '64 is now part of the family here... It's still the same as before just needing a bit of tlc in a few small areas...
I helped a previous owner in the purchase of the car and then it was sold to it's last owner and I hadn't seen it around it a while, until advertised... The rest is history :)

It featured in Total VW magazine 2002 issue 42 (which I don't seem to have in my collection!?) and guess you brought in from the UK?

Hope to get it back into the show scene...

Cheers
there was a copy of the magazine in the folder of receipts , it gave a good detailed history of the original owner, i had to show it to the customs when clearing it, they wouldn't believe it was a 64,

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com
Beautiful Notchback for small money in Ireland.

It is indeed, not my favourite out of the type 3’s but it’s not far off, (fastback has got to be the one followed closely to the variant), I’d rather an original Irish one but there more the just rare. @Tim you have my favourite, an original Irish barn find early variant and original Irish fastback.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
Notchback is a peach of a car for the price. It would make little difference to me whether any type 3 was original Irish or not, and it makes little difference to the value either. Type 3's are a niche group of vehicles, and not much sought after here or the UK. the value of them in real terms is not as valuable as we like to think. They are as rare as hens teeth, but not much interest in owning them.
I tried for about 18 months to sell my fasty before its resto because I didn't want all the work. I even offered to five it away, I had one caller to see the car on the rotisserie, and he ran for the gate and said no way. Now i wouldn't part with it, although I have had many offers of interest.

NoahR

Club Member
Club Member
February 24, 2021
Co. Dublin
www.youtube.com
Notchback is a peach of a car for the price. It would make little difference to me whether any type 3 was original Irish or not, and it makes little difference to the value either. Type 3's are a niche group of vehicles, and not much sought after here or the UK. the value of them in real terms is not as valuable as we like to think. They are as rare as hens teeth, but not much interest in owning them.
I tried for about 18 months to sell my fasty before its resto because I didn't want all the work. I even offered to five it away, I had one caller to see the car on the rotisserie, and he ran for the gate and said no way. Now i wouldn't part with it, although I have had many offers of interest.
That’s crazy, I’d love to own a fasty because my dad remembers Dr Dukes fastys from years ago as he grew up near where he lived. I’d love a genuine Irish one in Iberian red, I don’t know why but there just cool