Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] IRS conversion bits and pieces

chewy356

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2012
Meath (Ashbourne direction)
Hello all, first post for me, so hows it going...

I am looking for parts to complete an IRS conversion on my swing axle chassis. I have brackets to be welded on (if anyone has a jig then would be interested in lend/rent to help with my welding).

So basically I need 1302/1303 gearbox/shafts/cv's/trailing arms/covers/torsion bars......... and the bits in betwixt, unless there is something else I should be looking at?

A fella years ago told me of a man that had a field of beetles in various states of disrepair around ashbourne but have not idea where. Is there a beetle graveyard somewhere that would contain the parts in question? and if so what sort of money am I looking at for a job lot?

Many thanks for your help.

Hughie

diarmuidmcd

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Louth
Billy Moss at St Margarets

Not sure if the field is still there.

There is a 1303 in Clogherhead, Co Louth with all the parts you need (not my car but a neighbours). I can pass on the number to you if you want.

Diarmuid

Welcome by the way!

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
Since when has Billy had a place at St Margarets?He took me into his lock up at the back of the phoenix park about 5 years ago to pick through the last of his stash,there was fuck all there and the roof had collapsed so anything that was there was in shit.

diarmuidmcd

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Louth
think the homeplace was out at kellys timberyard... the was a house close to the crossroads and beside it there was a field... there was a pile of VW metal in there..
It may be long gone, but that's where it used to be as far as i remember..

diarmuidmcd

Club Member
Club Member
October 22, 2008
Louth
aye.. maybe so.. were we in NCR at the time looking for a loom and he said he had one in a yard at st margrates..

it was a while ago and my memory is shot.

Robbie

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2010
Dublin
Billy had a yard near the cross roads at the timber yard but it was'nt his and he is out of it a long time. He has bit all over the place and some at his house.