Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork

Same guy with the zodiac has this for sale too
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3034508
far better proposition than the rustbucket zodiac. All hearses are rare enough, not just a zodiac ones. They were one-off coachbuilt & owners tended to hang onto them for years. They were usually crushed or cut up in the end. I remember seeing 3 or 4 mk2 & 3 granada hearses in CAB Ford dealer in Cork a few years back. Dunno what was happening to them, they are cool tho. Matt black with blacked out windows, slammed & playing an out of tune ice-cream van jingle....

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
they are cool tho. Matt black with blacked out windows, slammed & playing an out of tune ice-cream van jingle....[/QUOTE]

lol...twilight zone shit ...

G

why is this doe and nct exempt?

been driving a car van myself the past 2 years with neither nct or doe been through a few check points and it`s never been questioned. i`ve mine taxed private , nct centre won`t nct a van , doe centre won`t doe anything taxed privately afaik

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
If the body is as good as it looks, that is a bargain. Cheap tax & its diesel too. (even if it is only about 55-60bhp) 200d never sold here afaik. Could drop any number of motors into that & have a really cool retro ride.

I could go for something like that for a daily. Proper skint now though..

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
been driving a car van myself the past 2 years with neither nct or doe been through a few check points and it`s never been questioned. i`ve mine taxed private , nct centre won`t nct a van , doe centre won`t doe anything taxed privately afaik

that's the loophole and it's above board and legal. My dad's been driving a starlet van for the last 10 years as a daily workhorse and doesn't have to deal with NCT/DOE.

That Polo van is very expensive for what it is. There was a similar polo breadvan (car) for sale on Vagdrivers with two owners and small miles and it sat there with no interest at €250 for weeks. Only when the chap that owned the breadvan from the "ZV registrations to become more popular" thread with the 12000000000001 reg had his robbed and joyridden did he buy it as a replacement for his one. I was kinda considering buying the €250 breadvan to have as a "spare" car in case the Passat shit itself but then copped on to myself and left it.. http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=75570

Last edited:

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
incidentally, you can convert a car to a van by removing the back seat, limo tinting the rear windows and welding small sheetmetal plates over the seastbelt points. And completing the associated paperwork of course. Then you too can avail of the absence of an NCT/DOE...

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
incidentally, you can convert a car to a van by removing the back seat, limo tinting the rear windows and welding small sheetmetal plates over the seastbelt points. And completing the associated paperwork of course. Then you too can avail of the absence of an NCT/DOE...

can you still get away with that? I thought you had to paint the outside of the windows and carpet the inside or put in solid panels so it wouldn't be that easy to return to a car.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I thought the clincher was welding the seat belt points to put them beyond use.

I've seen VW Tuaregs with the rear door windows just solid tinted, still glass, just can't see out. I suppose you could cut a sheet of ply to shape and feck it in to make it look more van-like...

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
I thought the clincher was welding the seat belt points to put them beyond use.

I've seen VW Tuaregs with the rear door windows just solid tinted, still glass, just can't see out. I suppose you could cut a sheet of ply to shape and feck it in to make it look more van-like...

I suppose as with everthing else car related and the government, it also depends on who you meet on the day.

G

of course this is only beneficial in a smaller engined van , mines a 1.5 diesel , there`s little sense in taxing a 1.9 as private in order to get out of an annual vehicle test as the hike in road tax would wipe out any savings made. but then it`s not all about saving a few quid it`s also about sticking 2 fingers to the system